User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #21
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning_Angel
Also most folksy metal is dull or just metal/rock dressed up with folk trappings.

That's exactly why I don't like most folk metal. If I wanted to hear some band play pan pipes and heavy distorted guitars (powerchords only, of course)...I don't have to pay money for that. I can do that on Youtube for free. But I find that a boring and repetitive trope.

Quote:
But it's good when it's just subtle/well integrated for more than just aesthetics and catchiness. Say, like Moonsorrow, this band, Wodensthrone, etc.

Indeed!

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Loving some of the more grandiose intros and stuff on some of the songs that weren't like that on the demos.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

I'm still yet to listen to the album proper. I'm having a hard time justifying it when I have all bar 3 tracks (2 of which seem to be intro/outro), and the sample I heard didn't sound as good as the demo to me. I will definitely pick it up at some point, but after years of waiting it somehow doesn't seem al that necessary for me to hear now it's here. Which is a shame.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
Imperial Throg
..And your wee doggie too

Excellent band! They were at my first ever gig hah. They've got some awesome gigs lined up in Scotland with Falloch, I'm gonna have to get along to one of them.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Imperial Throg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

I hope Falloch are still as good without Andy. I don't see why they wouldn't like.. But Falloch were stunning when I saw them last year, and the 3 times I've seen Cnoc An Tursa they've delivered the goods so to speak, so that should be a cracking little tour.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihiSlateR
I'm still yet to listen to the album proper. I'm having a hard time justifying it when I have all bar 3 tracks (2 of which seem to be intro/outro), and the sample I heard didn't sound as good as the demo to me. I will definitely pick it up at some point, but after years of waiting it somehow doesn't seem al that necessary for me to hear now it's here. Which is a shame.

Can you just buy the 3 tracks you don't own? Or at least buy the one that isn't the intro or outro? That way, you could compare the production and such too. Youtube/other music site samples can be kind of iffy.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 04-03-2013 at 07:54 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #27
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

I think I'm going to buy it purely out of respect and a sense of what's fair. Afterall I paid nothing for the tracks I do own, so it kind of seems fair to pay for them retrospectively in the form of the album.

Rate This Thread: