Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
coldandhomeless

and it said gear advice from vets. not shitty wannabes. learn to play your instruments before you call yourself vets. i been around the block once or twice. the 6505+ is horrid shit. noisy as hell... muddy, just plain shitty. i know u like it, but ur music speaks for itself. if this guy wants advice, he will try it out and agree with me. my advice isnt stupid, it makes alot more sence than, "use capital letters" because at the end of the day, NOONE GIVES A SHIT!!! theres capitals for u ****tards.
coldandhomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

So 18 years experience doesn't count as being able to play my instrument?
Do us all a favour and bugger off back to your cardboard box, that's the last I'll say on the matter.
NotTheMessiah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
Deadpool_25

LOL @ derail

Marshall recommendations are good for those bands/genres. I'll also 2nd the EVH 5150 50w recommendation. Great amp and can handle whatever you want to throw at it. Can get the head and a 1x12 cab for under $1200. You could find one of the Marshalls used for a lot less though.
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Deadpool_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
coldandhomeless

the 6505 aint bad... its the plus model that lacks clarity. they cascade too many tubes for more gain, and it makes it a one trick pony with dirty clean channel. i realize that people like them, i just sold mine cause it only did metal. my advice aint bad, ltd guitars appeal to the chugga chugga crowd. so do the actives, and the 6505+. the point i was trying to make is that if you want versatility, actives in an ltd plugged into a 6505+ is the opposite of versatile. with the ibanez, its at least gonna give u alot of sounds. just make sure its from japan if you want a good one. thats why i said it, cause its the truth. alot of people ditch their floyd guitars cause they cant deal with them. thats why i recommended the wd tremolo stabilizer. no caps cause im still on a fone... perhaps i should make a disclaimer for those who feel like bashing again...
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

I only bashed because I felt you had an unfair and perhaps biased opinion of the 6505+, and you may have noticed I made no comment on your grammar. FWIW the plus can do cleans ok, IMO at least, granted they're not the best but when dialled in right they're not bad either. Also the fact it has more gain on tap doesn't really make much odds either, since you don't have to keep the gain maxed out and indeed a lot of the time I don't. It really depends on what I'm playing so I wouldn't say it's the complete opposite of versatile, but yes it is restricted to metal. But then hey, that's what it's aimed for right?! so no matter. Also bare in mind that the combos and heads are a little different so perhaps if it's a case that you've only tried out the combos then maybe it might be worth giving the head a chance, that is only IF though. Not making assumptions, just saying..

Other than that though, I agree with the rest of your advice, especially with the point about going with MIJ. Though I will add that when it comes to floyds it really depends if you get a good one, an OFR is going to trounce licensed ones all day long for example.

Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 : 03-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.
NotTheMessiah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #26
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandhomeless
when posting on this forum, im on my fone. so somebody needs to go back to bashing youtube videos instead of my sentance structure or spelling. im trying to help these people, you people are assholes.

I can do capital letters and paragraphs on my phone

And don't come into this forum all high and mighty like your the man. Be polite and people will take you much more seriously.......
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Not really sure what is going on in this thread but here is some rec's

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3658929016.html Bugera 333XL
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3664916613.html Line 6 HD100
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3607429011.html FJA modded 6506
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3662604824.html SpiderValve 212
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3646893484.html 6505
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/3626839393.html 6505+112
http://elmira.craigslist.org/msg/3660980062.html some sort of Mesa
http://utica.craigslist.org/msg/3691825619.html Tweaker 40

New - I'd look at the 6505+112, Vypyr 60 and that Stiff amp. Maybe a JCA 50 depending on the metal. Valvekings are decent too with some modifications/pedals
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandhomeless
the 6505 aint bad... its the plus model that lacks clarity. they cascade too many tubes for more gain, and it makes it a one trick pony with dirty clean channel. i realize that people like them, i just sold mine cause it only did metal. my advice aint bad, ltd guitars appeal to the chugga chugga crowd. so do the actives, and the 6505+. the point i was trying to make is that if you want versatility, actives in an ltd plugged into a 6505+ is the opposite of versatile. with the ibanez, its at least gonna give u alot of sounds. just make sure its from japan if you want a good one. thats why i said it, cause its the truth. alot of people ditch their floyd guitars cause they cant deal with them. thats why i recommended the wd tremolo stabilizer. no caps cause im still on a fone... perhaps i should make a disclaimer for those who feel like bashing again...
They didn't add any more stages to the +. The problem with the + isn't the design, it's the shitty stock tubes. You just put decent tubes in them and they are no worse than a 5150. Who runs the stock tubes in any budget amp? You'd have to be as dumb as a newt.
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #29
coldandhomeless

back to the bashing again... 5150 and 6505 are the same amp... lol... the valveking is sweet tho... and cheap too! give it a shot.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #30
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

The Valve King needs the tubes replaced (and the speaker) before they sound any good too.
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: