Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
ne14t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdevil725
Its made of Paulownia which is a really light wood, its not something I would personally want a guitar made of but its not too bad. I worked on a friends dean which was made of this same wood and after a good setup it actually sounded really nice. I would actually recommend this wood for anyone that plays but has major back problems.

And this is why I like UG! I just learned of yet another wood used in guitar making, one I hadn't heard of before, love it. Did some fast research and I agree with not being keen on using it, apparently can grow 20 feet in a year, sounds like its not extremely dense or resonant wood. Awesome for low cost guitars though.
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offworld92
Basically the hardware just started falling apart. Like, the strap pins fell out of the wood, one of the bridge posts fell out, one or two of the tuners stopped staying in tune.

Wow, I've read reviews which say similar things...a lot of it is apparently due to the softness of the wood. I'm thinking I should just unload this before the same thing happens and invest the money in something a little better! Anyone wants it send me a PM! lol
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: