Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
lt mittens
milfhunter

40 year old yamaha G 65A

we were cleaning the house and we found my moms guitar, we're not going to sell it but we were just curious how much it's worth nowadays.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
tuxs

Well in my country it would be worth about the same as 3 packs of elixir strings, say 90 bucks if you are lucky and its in playable condition.
More importantly how does it sound? Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxs
Well in my country it would be worth about the same as 3 packs of elixir strings, say 90 bucks if you are lucky and its in playable condition.
More importantly how does it sound? Cheers
That settles it, I'm never, ever, moving to New Zealand...

(Of course I don't use Elixir strings, but still....).

Last edited by Captaincranky : 05-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

It's probably not worth more than $100. Guitars that increase in value as they age tend to be really high quality pieces as well as somewhat limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
stepchildusmc

why cranky ! that's rude ! .... tuxs, i'd love to go to NZ. if i could just get a tour guide that'll go thru the pass away from Mordor and into The Shire.....
i do think it'd be easier to walk around the corner to "thatcrappymusicshopthatonlystocksBgradepoopwithstr ings" and get a set of Elixers for 19 bucks.
although....i've often wondered(istayuplateworryingaboutyoutuxs) if tuxs was more to the Hobbit side or more like a Gondorian.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
why cranky ! that's rude ! ....
Yeah well, that darn tuxs was rude first. He said that nice man's guitar was only worth 3 packs of strings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
tuxs, i'd love to go to NZ. if i could just get a tour guide that'll go thru the pass away from Mordor and into The Shire.....
i do think it'd be easier to walk around the corner to "thatcrappymusicshopthatonlystocksBgradepoopwithstr ings" and get a set of Elixers for 19 bucks.
although....i've often wondered(istayuplateworryingaboutyoutuxs) if tuxs was more to the Hobbit side or more like a Gondorian.
This just reminded me, I bought and paid for the entire, "Lord of the Rings Trilogy". I've never, ever watched that either....

BTW, I've never, ever seen so many wavy red lines under a post in my life. I think you may have actually broken my spell checker....

Last edited by Captaincranky : 05-19-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #7
tuxs

I'll guide you Stepchild. But its Hobitsville now, and while you are here, i'll teach you how to spell Elixir. Wow better not hijack the mans thread. Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
stepchildusmc

my bad tuxs.... 35.99 for the yammie. i really hope it sounds fantastic after such a good break-in period. i love old guitars. A nice set of D'addario(don't need to spell Elexirs..see ??) EXP16's should wake that baby up !
don't sell it, that's a keeper. if you contemplate it, just think to yourself "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!..into another's hands"
Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
lt mittens
milfhunter

thanks for the replies, it still plays great after a new set of strings and stays pretty good in tune.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Captaincranky

It probably should sound good after being around that long. I'd get it setup properly and keep it for myself.

Personally, I think some things can and do become part of us, no matter what their actual value.

You might do better at determining actual value, watching auctions come up on Ebay, or simply using Google frequently to search the model number for sales, or any history pages that pop up.

Instruments that do appreciate substantially with age are, Martin, Gibson, and Fender. And even among those brands, some model runs and/or years don't fare as well in the used market.

This guitar would have to be an upscale gingerbread piece with a low serial number to pull down "big bucks". Even then, it wouldn't make you rich selling it. I have no idea the scope of Yamaha's line in the 70's. I doubt that it was what it is today.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 05-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
stepchildusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxs
I'll guide you Stepchild. But its Hobitsville now, and while you are here, i'll teach you how to spell Elixir. Wow better not hijack the mans thread. Cheers

i'm safe by the way Tuxs....he only hunts MILFs.
ilixer,elixer,elixer...elephantsdontwearshirts
and BTW...spent some time in a few Auckland bars...don't know what i like better Ovations or barely clad Kiwi girls after 18 months with camels !!!
enjoy the Yammie, if not, i'll send you my address mittens.

Rate This Thread: