Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #15901
T7E
All smiles :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Mucho wanto: JHS Pedals Muffuletta Fuzz Pedal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK1BLH-KkT0&sns=em

Meh.
If I'm buying a muff I'm buying one with a greater range of EQ options. I'm also buying either a Triangle or green Russian, I don't need all those options and don't give enough ****s to want even both of the ones I mentioned at once.

I'm also not buying JHS.
But that's just my vibe.

The fact you can switch between so many is interesting though. Some kind of SMD wizardry, making shit tiny.

Lofi/Noisey/Droney shit: https://soundcloud.com/evanlynch

Last edited by T7E : 09-02-2015 at 08:41 PM.
T7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #15902
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrokenGlass
Adulthood just suckers punch you like that, doesn't it?

Chyea. But I foresee hangovers this weekend.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #15903
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

What's the issue with JHS?

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #15904
T7E

Quote:
What's the issue with JHS?

Well.
There was the Devi Ever incident (back before she completely lost her shit) where he cloned the Hyperion as his Astro Mess, claimed it as original when really I think he changed the value of one resistor or some shit, then when she confronted him, he backdoored her to a bunch of dealers claiming SHE was spreading the malicious bullshit. This caused some friction between her and big players like PGS, and she may have even lost a few. This was in 2011 and was kind of the beggining of the end for devi.
I also think there were instances of Josh Scott using improper pronouns towards Devi, a trans woman, intentionally as a means of causing offense during this time, however that's just what I heard.

Secondly, the hardcore involvement with the International House of Prayer (IHOP), which is a "pray the gay away" Evangelical ministry. According to Adam from Acid Splash Designs (the dude who etches Johns Longswords), who either grew up near or currently resides near Kansas, MO (I can't remember), this "church" is more of a cult. Big fences, no windows, shit tonnes of security, own a SHIT LOAD of property in the city. Pay to Pray shit.
IHOP played a significant role in the sponsorship of an Anti-Gay bill in Uganda, which has seen people ****ing hacked to death.
So, if JHS dude makes donations/tithe/givings to his church (99% probable in this modern money mega church cult world) then those who buy his pedals are sponsoring the machete deaths of gay Ugandans.

So nah, I'm not giving my money to that man.

Just to clarify I'm not religious but don't mind the P&W thing at all, its fun to observe if anything, its just issue with that dude and his sponsorship, indirect or otherwise, of some ****ed up shit.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #15905
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7E
Well.
There was the Devi Ever incident (back before she completely lost her shit) where he cloned the Hyperion as his Astro Mess, claimed it as original when really I think he changed the value of one resistor or some shit, then when she confronted him, he backdoored her to a bunch of dealers claiming SHE was spreading the malicious bullshit. This caused some friction between her and big players like PGS, and she may have even lost a few. This was in 2011 and was kind of the beggining of the end for devi.
I also think there were instances of Josh Scott using improper pronouns towards Devi, a trans woman, intentionally as a means of causing offense during this time, however that's just what I heard.

Secondly, the hardcore involvement with the International House of Prayer (IHOP), which is a "pray the gay away" Evangelical ministry. According to Adam from Acid Splash Designs (the dude who etches Johns Longswords), who either grew up near or currently resides near Kansas, MO (I can't remember), this "church" is more of a cult. Big fences, no windows, shit tonnes of security, own a SHIT LOAD of property in the city. Pay to Pray shit.
IHOP played a significant role in the sponsorship of an Anti-Gay bill in Uganda, which has seen people ****ing hacked to death.
So, if JHS dude makes donations/tithe/givings to his church (99% probable in this modern money mega church cult world) then those who buy his pedals are sponsoring the machete deaths of gay Ugandans.

So nah, I'm not giving my money to that man.

Just to clarify I'm not religious but don't mind the P&W thing at all, its fun to observe if anything, its just issue with that dude and his sponsorship, indirect or otherwise, of some ****ed up shit.

I love you.

Also,

More bastard clips, all in dropped F# through a MIG100 and a 2x15 loaded with Deltas. So much low.

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #15906
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

Since I've been alerted, I've seen some commentary on both sides of the Devi Ever controversy, including some of his communications.

Not completely sold he's a shady businessman.

However, the stuff about the ministry & involvement in the anti-gay evangelical movement and lobbying the Ugandans? Extremely squicky. I gots me lotsa fuzzes, and I will have more in the future...

But I don't need to buy a fuzz that will contribute to a business that helps cause death in the cradle of life.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : Yesterday at 01:51 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:11 AM   #15907
T7E

Quote:
Since I've been alerted, I've seen some commentary on both sides of the Devi Ever controversy, including some of his communications.

Not completely sold he's a shady businessman.

However, the stuff about the ministry & involvement in the anti-gay evangelical movement and lobbying the Ugandans? Extremely squicky. I gots me lotsa fuzzes, and I will have more in the future...

But I don't need to buy a fuzz that will contribute to a business that helps cause death in the cradle of life.

Yeah nah the transactions between them are all whack, I feel you there. The only thing confirmed is that the Astro Mess was pretty much a 1 for 1 Hyperion clone.

Also the superbolt is a ROG Supreau deux pretty much. Also available to see on a bunch of those forums. Dude said he spent x amount of time with Y amount of supro Amps to nail the tone when its just a clone. ROG liscence their circuits to people like vfe but JHS just ****ing claimed it as OG.

I think there's some shit on free stomp boxes that covers all that if you can find it.

But yeah you know, dirt pedals are dirt pedals and its easy to pick from mad people if ya spend 5 minutes googling shit.

All my dirt has come from Tim, anarchy audio or smallsound/bigsound. No problems there. Also had an NYC muff before I even knew what pedals were.

EDIT: IM GONNA DO A BIG POSITIVITY POST FULL OF GEAR LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW BECAUSE **** DWELLING ON THIS TRASH

Last edited by T7E : Yesterday at 06:18 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #15908
T7E

Aight. Shits good right now:

New Band had our first full jam. Shoegazey shit with a bit of a groove in parts. RIGS:

The drummer uses the micro korg for one handed bass and pad shit.
I'm loving the reduced set up for me, so much fun. Mini is set to dirty boost, DL4 is for reverse delay and short loops, Meet Maude is doing high feedback short delays and I utilise the shit out of the volume boost for a bit extra OOMPH and the RM-1N is a pretty big verb and with the post gain turned up for a really ice fuzz that cleans up with the volume knob. Mad fun. Wrote two songs today prtty much.

My other band, of which all the above dudes are members to, have nearly finished mixing our first "single", sounds mad, infintely better than the shit on our soundcloud. Mad tones. SS/BS Mini and TAFM, Bluesky, Count to 5, Meet Maude, ZVEX Fuzzolo and Toyroom shit all involved with a bunch of synths and general mad shit. Sounds great, going to have a mad party/launch somewhere in late October. Pumped.

Also my solo noisy droney ambient shit is coming along swell. I'm dropping another little EP in the next few days and am working with a few way more talented individuals who are in the midst of setting up an experimental music label in getting in on the ground floor.
Here's a little taste of my last release. It's self indulgent but simultaneously self-satisfying so **** it: https://soundcloud.com/evanlynch/all-pyrolatrous

Shits good. Much love.

Last edited by T7E : Yesterday at 08:58 AM.

Rate This Thread: