Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #46161
Cianyx
UG Nerd

I know right. Reigns gets nowhere the nuclear heat Cena does/did and John takes it like a champ
Old 01-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #46162
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

I actually don't think WWE realise that either. Most fans aren't actually booing Reigns, but more booing what he represents. Poor guy is actually stuck in the crossfire thanks to dreadful booking.

That said, they really should just embrace it, they practically ruined him as a babyface for the next few years (if not forever) anyway.

On a note, I haven't posted here much recently as I've not watched anything but I am now in the mood to watch wrestling again so I might be more active in here and such.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #46163
Wormholes
UG Newbie

So far this is probably the worst wrestlemania season I remember since I started watching again in 2010. And that was when Miz was headlining I think. And it's not just because of the rumble as the product has been stale for awhile. Aside from Seth Rollins(which they've been handling absolutely perfectly since the shield debuted)

show

They do this every PPV. Can't they be sued cause lying about this stuff could be helping their stocks rise?

Last edited by Wormholes : 01-29-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Wormholes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #46164
Wormholes
UG Newbie

Yeah... Putting Reigns in a feud with big show isn't going to help him gain experience in ring.. And he's going to need it since I don't know, he's in the MAINEVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 AM   #46165
Cianyx
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
show

They do this every PPV. Can't they be sued cause lying about this stuff could be helping their stocks rise?

You need to prove that you've been aggrieved because of the misleading statement. The thing is, I don't think anyone who invests in wrestling watches the show.

For example:
http://nypost.com/2015/01/27/wwe-st...1m-subscribers/

Last edited by Cianyx : Yesterday at 03:24 AM.
Cianyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #46166
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Decided to see what was on XWT Classics as it's been a while.

There's a 135gb pack of Mid South TV from 81-87.

Truly a joyous day.
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #46167
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

So who wants to bet they give us Bryan/Ziggler @ Mania but cut the match down to 5 minutes?

Only at times, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
There are sites called plushdotyiff where people talk about yiffing plushies

Axel in heat.
H4T3BR33D3R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #46168
Wormholes
UG Newbie

They are rumored to open so they will probably get at least 15- twenty minutes.

And damn, they really should have done this.

http://nodq.com/wwe/424650709.shtml
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #46169
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
They are rumored to open so they will probably get at least 15- twenty minutes.

And damn, they really should have done this.

http://nodq.com/wwe/424650709.shtml

Hmm.... I wonder where I've head that before...

show

Only at times, though.

Quote:

Axel in heat.
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #46170
Wormholes
UG Newbie

There's no way vince would do that again. Honestly I'm sure they tell him they won't do that if he told them too. If vince can't even troll about punk, he wouldn't **** bryan over again like that with how over he is with all the fans.
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #46171
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
There's no way vince would do that again. Honestly I'm sure they tell him they won't do that if he told them too. If vince can't even troll about punk, he wouldn't **** bryan over again like that with how over he is with all the fans.

I hope you're right. Personally, I think they'll get shafted again. Probably try to turn it into a storyline if it backfires. Seems to be the MO as of late.

Like I feel like I want to see Bryan/Ziggler go at it. Really good chance to steal the show and have a good classic. This is also why I think they'll get shafted though. It's a weird situation because on one hand, you have a potentially GREAT match that a lot of people want to see. Problem is, if the match is really good and it's opening, how are they going to get the crowd back after? With some over-booked POS battle royal and a Divas match? Like Reigns and Brock rolling on the ground a deciding who's going to lead the match will get those viewers back.

And then of course, the flipside, where you realize that having them open would possibly kill the excitement for the remainder of the show. Especially with such a meh card. So cut the match down, assume the crowd will get over it, and press on. Only problem is, every time they've done that so far (especially to Bryan) it has come right back into their face and slapped them numb.

Personally, I'm all for hot opening matches. It gets me excited and hyped for the rest of the show. At the same time, it also kind of sets a standard on how the rest of the show should be.

So basically, the placement on the card for that match is really important IMO. I think it would be a mistake to make it an opener. At least for that match. I'd put them on the second half of the show. Maybe before the 2 (alleged) big matches of 3H/Stinger and Wyatt/Taker.

Only at times, though.

Quote:

Axel in heat.

Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R : Yesterday at 04:53 PM.
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #46172
Cianyx
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
With some over-booked POS battle royal and a Divas match? Like Reigns and Brock rolling on the ground a deciding who's going to lead the match will get those viewers back.

Or even better, a Divas battle royal.

Reigns and Brok would be WM XX all over again. We just need someone to guest referee
Old Today, 12:35 AM   #46173
Wormholes
UG Newbie

Nah cause everyone is just going to go apeshit and cheer brock even if he is leaving. Just in spite of reigns. He already got cheered last monday and that was a casual crowd
Old Today, 05:34 PM   #46174
milesak
MilesAK

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I say the a new golden age of wrestling is soon upon us...
Here me out!
I watch NXT a lot! Seriously, if the old NXT put you off, please forget it. NXT is pure golden. These guys are the future and the future is seriously bright. There's a number of people who are going to save the most dead parts of the division:
Divas Division: The Divas division (or female wrestlers as none sexist WWE knobs call it. Seriously, they're wrestlers! Nikki is a diva!) has been an utter disgrace for now. However, some people have already stepped up to save it, namely Paige and AJ. Being that they're the only female wrestlers on the WWE roster right now; well, proper wrestlers. However, they're not alone! Down at NXT we have Sasha Banks (quite chavy, but can really wrestle!), Charlotte (Flairs daughter. And not one of those crappy 2nd gen wrestlers either. She can go!), and others are sure gonna save the Divas division.
Tag team division: Credit is due for the revival of tag wrestling as of recent. Gold/Stardust turned out to be gold, Usos are great, The Ascension are amazing and Kidd/Cesaro is sure to be amazing. Again, that's not all! In NXT there's an amazing team who've just debuted, Murphy and Brad (I think its Brad... Definitely a Murphy though. But they're really impressive!), The Lucha Draqons (Yes, it's a terrible gimmick but these guys are better high flyers than mysterio ever was!) The Vaudevillains (Pretty epic gimmick, two super strong guys too who can have a real technical style).
World title area: Roman Reigns. Bray Wyatt. Dean Ambrose. Finn Balor. Sami Zayn. Nuff said...
Old Today, 05:39 PM   #46175
Wormholes
UG Newbie

Yeah we all know this and agree with it I think.

But the problem is Vince and/or Stephanie ruining/burying people when they get to the main roster. It's pretty obvious people like steen, devitt, kenta, adrain and zayn are never going to amount to anything but mid card jobbers on SD. And I don't even want to think of what they would do to the NXT divas...The longer these people stay in NXT the better.

Rate This Thread: