Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Gear Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
goldspanner

UK FS: G&L SC-2 sunburst

Up for sale is a beautiful G&L SC-2

This guitar was built at the end of 2011, in the G&L Fullerton factory in California, originally the main Fender factory during the 50's & 60's.

The specs are as follow:

Alder body
Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
9 1/2 radius
2-tone sunburst finish
22 Medium jumbo frets
25.5 scale length
Originally non-locking sperzel tuners, I upgraded them to locking sperzels
2-point fulcrum tremolo
G&L magnetic field design pickups
Bone nut
1 volume 1 tone & 3 way toggle switch

As mentioned, I upgraded the tuners, had the tremolo blocked (easily reversible), upgraded the bridge saddles to Gotoh steel, and upgraded the output jack to a switchcraft.

There is minimal fret-wear, and overall the guitar is in excellent condition, with no visible damage.

The neck is pretty big and fills the hand nicely - takes a bit of getting used to, but after that you won't want to play anything else!

The pickups are a Leo Fender design, using a single bar magnet underneath the poles instead on individual magnetic poles. The sound of the guitar is best described as half telecaster, half les paul junior (or any other small p-90 guitar).

Comes with a really nice and protective G&L hard-case, "leather" covered, with a plush interior.

Also with the tremolo arm, and the matching G&L certificate of authenticity and build spec sheet.

(One thing to note; the saddles I put on were slightly too wide, so I filed each of them down slightly to fit. This has left them looking a bit tatty on the sides, but it's barely noticeable, and in no way affects the guitar's functionality - the saddles on either end are the least tatty, so it really is barely noticeable)

This guitar is not available anywhere in the UK. I had to order it from the US, and deal with the horrendous import tax/ duty. Because of that, you literally will not find a better deal anywhere!
I paid around 700 for it new, along with approx 80 shipping, and 150 import tax/ duty. I've put at least 100 into the guitar, so it really is a fantastic deal.

Looking for 800 for it, all sensible offers considered.

If you live in/ around Brighton & Hove area, you are of course welcome to come and try it out, if not, I will be quite happy to ship it anywhere in the uk, and take payment via PayPal, or any other reasonable means.

http://i.imgur.com/1y4wzjc.jpg

I can upload more photos if required.

Thanks for looking!
goldspanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
goldspanner

bump
Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
goldspanner

700 bump