Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
billabob

Eleven rack help!

Right so iv'e just got eleven rack. I plug my guitar in and head phones into the front panel, all is well and iv'e made a few patches i think sound great. Im usually a tube all the way guy but this does sound good!

I then plug my speakers into the front panel and all is well again. However... I then plug my usb cable into my mac and i like the eleven rack editor software i have downloaded but i haven encountered a problem.

When i am trying to just record through reaper all i get is a very quiet dry signal from the eleven rack. Its like the dsp has been completely bi-passed. I expected to be able to record the sound i can hear when listening to the playing via headphones or speakers. When i play the recorded part back i also just hear a very quiet dry signal.

Have i missed something entirely? is it some kind of routing problem? Can someone please explain what i have done wrong or if its a common problem?

Many thank.
billabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabob
Right so iv'e just got eleven rack. I plug my guitar in and head phones into the front panel, all is well and iv'e made a few patches i think sound great. Im usually a tube all the way guy but this does sound good!

I then plug my speakers into the front panel and all is well again. However... I then plug my usb cable into my mac and i like the eleven rack editor software i have downloaded but i haven encountered a problem.

When i am trying to just record through reaper all i get is a very quiet dry signal from the eleven rack. Its like the dsp has been completely bi-passed. I expected to be able to record the sound i can hear when listening to the playing via headphones or speakers. When i play the recorded part back i also just hear a very quiet dry signal.

Have i missed something entirely? is it some kind of routing problem? Can someone please explain what i have done wrong or if its a common problem?

Many thank.

Go into the input settings and change the Audio I/O from 'Guitar In' to 'Eleven Rack Rig'.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
billabob

ok that makes sense, however now when trying to do that i found another problem. In reaper when i go into preferences to select the 11 rack it keeps saying not found, even though it is clearly linked up to the elevenrack editor so the mac is getting signal from it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? completly different problem, it worked fine before i just plugged in the usb and turned the 11 rack on and i was getting the dry signal into reaper now nothing... any ideas?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras

Quote:
ok that makes sense, however now when trying to do that i found another problem. In reaper when i go into preferences to select the 11 rack it keeps saying not found, even though it is clearly linked up to the elevenrack editor so the mac is getting signal from it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? completly different problem, it worked fine before i just plugged in the usb and turned the 11 rack on and i was getting the dry signal into reaper now nothing... any ideas?

Not sure. I just got the Eleven Rack also and only used it through Studio One so far on my PC.

You should try closing out Reaper and the editor. Make sure the Eleven Rack is booted up and connected to your Mac. Then load up reaper in that order.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
ethan_hanus
The BKP Guy

Quote:

Is there any software to install to run the elevenrack as a audio driver, which is how most interfaces work with a DAW, otherwise reaper is just using the guitar signal with none of the elevenracks preamp applied to it.

That's my best guess.
ethan_hanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
billabob

no i got it working now! all i did was close everything down as said and start up the eleven rack first then editor then reaper. Then i changed the inputs to one eleven rack rig and one dry signal for re-amping if needed, seems to be a great guitar recording tool!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
ethan_hanus
The BKP Guy

Sweet! Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

ethan_hanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras

Quote:
no i got it working now! all i did was close everything down as said and start up the eleven rack first then editor then reaper. Then i changed the inputs to one eleven rack rig and one dry signal for re-amping if needed, seems to be a great guitar recording tool!

When you start up Reaper you need to have the 11R on so it can load the drivers. Yeah this thing is great!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:54 AM   #9
billabob

yeah im really impressed actually can get some great sounds, the more im using it the more usable im finding it!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #10
billabob

Just another quick question. Im trying to download rigs by other people. Ive got the rigs that i want on my mac but i cant seem to get them onto my eleven rack from there. I have the eleven rack editor installed and open but when i click open on the download i get nothing. Anyone encountered this before?

Rate This Thread: