Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
HeckRaiser
Heck Raiser

In ez drummer they have standard beats and fill but you really need to go into it and customize it to your song otherwise it sound so generic.

Check out my Music and Blog here HeckRaiser.org
HeckRaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #22
le screamist

Dude, I ****ing love your guitar tone. So tight and raw, definitely a successful test in my opinion!

C4C?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1539322
le screamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
JDawg00100
^ thats me

Location: The seventh layer of hell, next door to Martha Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Is there an easier way to customize the EZ drummer beats or did you click all of the individual bass, snares, and cymbals?
I mapped out all the cymbals, kicks, snares, with the mouse. I don't use any of the pre-made beats or fills that come with EZDrummer.
JDawg00100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
Who Sh0t Ya HxO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg00100
I mapped out all the cymbals, kicks, snares, with the mouse. I don't use any of the pre-made beats or fills that come with EZDrummer.

That's what I'm saying man, I'm sick of using the pre-made beats, but going in the beat and custom clicking each snare, bass drum, and cymbal beat takes foreeevvverrr.
Who Sh0t Ya HxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
JDawg00100
^ thats me

Quote:
That's what I'm saying man, I'm sick of using the pre-made beats, but going in the beat and custom clicking each snare, bass drum, and cymbal beat takes foreeevvverrr.

Takes me like 5 minutes to map out a couple riffs. I've gotten pretty fast at it though.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #26
Who Sh0t Ya HxO

You serious? It takes a while for me because you gotta get the bass drums, snares, and cymbals exactly where you want them or it will be off beat or too fast/slow of a beat. So I place a beat, play it, nah gotta move the little blue dot over .2 mm to the left so it sounds right time with the picking of the riff... and you know shit like that. I wish there was a way around it.

You can't tell me you didn't listen to each second of the tuning test over and over while trying to lay drums on it. You're probably sick of hearing the damn thing.

Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO : 05-16-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #27
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
You serious? It takes a while for me because you gotta get the bass drums, snares, and cymbals exactly where you want them or it will be off beat or too fast/slow of a beat. So I place a beat, play it, nah gotta move the little blue dot over .2 mm to the left so it sounds right time with the picking of the riff... and you know shit like that. I wish there was a way around it.

You can't tell me you didn't listen to each second of the tuning test over and over while trying to lay drums on it. You're probably sick of hearing the damn thing.

Piano Roll

U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Who Sh0t Ya HxO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Piano Roll

U mad?

Piano roll was what I was talking about. When you click on an instrument in a line, a blue dot or little square appears, but if it's off you gotta take the time to align in perfectly with what your guitar is doing.

OR

Are you saying you can press the piano key of the instrument... in this case bass drum, then hit record, then when it plays you just hit the bass drum key each time you want it in there? because if not, that is a brilliant idea in my opinion.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #29
JDawg00100
^ thats me

If you are talking about aligning things perfect I'm sure you can change what the snapping is for each note on whatever program you are using. That way its never off center, and makes it a lot easier to lay down the notes. Another thing is growing an ear for where the accents should be on the snare or bass drums. In general my beats are fairly simple in terms of where cymbals and snares are.

Rate This Thread: