Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #9201
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

The new Pearl Jam video for Mind Your Manners.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #9202
soundgarden1986
sanic y

i dont dislike mind your manners, but i really hope the rest of the album is different/a lot better.
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #9203
frankv
Her?

I actually really Mind Your Manners. I just dislike the others tunes they've showcased so far of this album.
frankv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #9204
soundgarden1986
sanic y

I actually listened to their discography recently, and I think I'd rank them like this now

Binaural
Yield
Riot Act
No Code
Vs
Vitalogy
Ten
Self Titled
Backspacer

It's a tad different than before, but it's pretty much a three way tie for first. I'm thinking the new one will fall somewhere between Ten and Self Titled.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #9205
Jes Johnson

When I was first getting into music, I used to listen to a radio station that played a lot of grunge and alternative. So yeah, they were one of the first bands I fell in love with. I still think Alive is one of the coolest guitar solos I've ever heard.
Jes Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #9206
iwannabesedated
UG's King Sombra

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
I actually really Mind Your Manners. I just dislike the others tunes they've showcased so far of this album.

This
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #9207
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Have you gents heard Sirens yet? I refuse to. I want hear the full album all the way through; fresh.

Already listened to Mind Your Manners I suppose, but I'm allowed one sneak peak.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #9208
frankv
Her?

Indulging now.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #9209
frankv
Her?

Oh right, I thought it was...
show
Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #9210
soundgarden1986
sanic y

i finally listened to sirens.

i cant say im feeling it, really. im starting to think i might end up not liking the album. ill still listen to it first, obviously. but... eh idk. soundgarden and alice in chains picked really good songs to release for their respective new albums.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #9211
frankv
Her?

Just listened to the album. There's some really cool stuff going on, where the band is doing stuff very unlike themselves, and some poorer stuff, where it all kinda sounds forced and Ed feels the need to ad lib his way through the song. Need to give it a better listen with better sound quality.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #9212
Kozworth

This band has been notorious for releasing b-sides to reward fans throughout the years. Hell, they even put out a double album to prove the point. My question is, and this will likely only be for hardcore PJ fans, have they had ANY b-sides from 2006's self titled album to the present?

I know they put out that Ole song and a few studio covers, but there must be some additional material from Avacado, Backspacer, and Lightning Bolt. (I also don't count the re-release of Ten as a lot of those songs were just alternate versions of released b-sides_

If anyone has any song titles or information about this, let me know. I have been digging and searching for awhile now, but it's like they just stopped.

THANKS!
Kozworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #9213
soundgarden1986
sanic y

earlier this year, i think two songs surfaced. just look up "pearl jam self titled b sides" and i think i download link will be there dont know if i can link the site.

and the album is more solid than i thought it would be. i think i liked backspacer more. ill give it another listen when the actual album becomes available for purchase. i wasnt crazy about the final two songs.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #9214
ehbacon
UG's Billie Joe Armstrong

love the new album. 1-5, 9 and 12 are my favorites

ehbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: