Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
cola4369

Pink Floyd - Dogs - Main Solo C4C

This is by far my favourite solo on the 'Animals' album. Hopefully you enjoy my cover and I would love some words on how to improve in future.
cola4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Ubadood
OO-BA-DOOD

Firstly, amazing song from an amazing album.

Secondly, bends, bends, bends. The tone is great and you can definitely get the right feel of the song, but Gilmour's style really requires you to nail the bends to perfection - some of the bends were overshot (e.g 0.28). I think you've got something really nice going for the general feel but the bends were a little too aggressive for this particular song.

Seriously though, I think it was really good, so I criticize the only things that can be criticized
Ubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
cola4369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubadood
Firstly, amazing song from an amazing album.

Secondly, bends, bends, bends. The tone is great and you can definitely get the right feel of the song, but Gilmour's style really requires you to nail the bends to perfection - some of the bends were overshot (e.g 0.28). I think you've got something really nice going for the general feel but the bends were a little too aggressive for this particular song.

Seriously though, I think it was really good, so I criticize the only things that can be criticized

Thanks for the advice, I've only really got 'into' Gilmour's playing quite recently and agree that I need a bit of work on bending accuracy. He had such a great 'feel' about his playing that is hard to replicate

Oli
cola4369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: