User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #20221
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Just takes time in the gym and the right diet, anyone can get to that pretty quickly.

I guess, and I'm exaggerating a little because I don't want to give the impression of thinking I'm some tank just 'cos I've started to take lifting more seriously than a typical once a week gym bro

I do think I probably don't eat as much as I should though, as I've noticed more of a leaner physique than bigger physique over the past few months (mainly around chest, abs and upper legs) despite already being a naturally thin guy. Main reason is because if I eat much more, I feel it would have to be carbs-heavy stuff I've seen loads of places say 'don't eat too much of this' e.g. pasta, because I'm already hitting or going over 1g protein per 1lb bodyweight as it is.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #20222
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

^ If you're already thin, I'd say carb up bro. Brown, rice, beans, tortillas, meat, and some hot sauce and you're good to go. I ate 14 chicken tacos for dinner the other night. It was gooooood.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #20223
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
^ If you're already thin, I'd say carb up bro. Brown, rice, beans, tortillas, meat, and some hot sauce and you're good to go. I ate 14 chicken tacos for dinner the other night. It was gooooood.

Made switch to brown rice recently (actually tastes pretty good) and eat a decent amount of meat since I started bulk buying from a UK website (5kg of chicken breasts for 25 is dirt cheap here). Essentially think your example suggests I should just eat more of what I'm eating, though I guess I have to keep cost in mind too. Maybe just larger portions of carbs then.

I think the problem I have is a lot of stuff about nutrition is geared towards naturally bulkier/fatter people who have to watch their bodyfat % more while eating. Metabolism, automatically eating sensibly, or something else - whatever it is, I don't even make a conscious effort to lose fat at the moment and I'm pretty sure my bf % is 10 or lower, and most nutrition info out there seems to be for people trying to limit intake of carbs and fat in general to lower theirs.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 PM   #20224
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz

I think I'm gonna make a taco pizza tomorrow.

Quote:
most nutrition info out there seems to be for people trying to limit intake of carbs and fat in general to lower theirs.

Its funny, if someone is trying to lose weight they should focus on Protein and fats with adequate fiber intake; Fats are exothermic and more importantly keep you full.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #20225
Ablast

Think I sprained my wrist. Hurts but not fracture or broken levels of pain.
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #20226
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Did that marathon on Sunday with a 40 pound backpack/rucksack.

Now I can stop the cardio nonsense and get big again
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #20227
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

You ran 26 miles through a desert, with 40lbs on your back? You're a fucking machine, Dread

And, quite possibly, insane What time did you make?
Old 03-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #20228
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

5:27
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #20229
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

First lifting workout in awhile, felt good but weak

1) BB bench
barx10 warmup
135x10 warmup
185x10 pause reps