Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #1521
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

Finished Preacher Book 1 a few days ago.

fan-****ing-tastic.

i have no faith in AMC doing it any justice.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #1522
Th3~one~an~0nly
Wishes he could fly

Man I'm really hoping they don't mess it up preacher is my absolute favorite comic so far. I also finally picked up Y vol .1 on comixology after all the hype I can't wait to get into that just trying to finish up some other reads first.

Last edited by Th3~one~an~0nly : 12-07-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Th3~one~an~0nly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #1523
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum

Casting decisions for Suicide Squad are bad, DC are clueless. Also Doctor Strange has no interest for me now guys.

Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #1524
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

I honestly can't think of any casting announcements in upcoming comic book media that disappoint me. And Benedict has been my fan cast for Strange for years.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #1525
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum

Batfleck?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #1526
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

He looks more like Bruce Wayne than anybody who has played him before. The problems with Daredevil weren't with his acting. That was over a decade ago and he's proven himself as an actor since then anyway. The choice came way out of left field, but I see no problems with it.

Though, now that BvS is on my mind, I'm not happy with the choice of Gal Gadot. She could prove me wrong and be excellent, but I'm very skeptical there.

Covers:
Old 12-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #1527
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

Obviously we won't know for a good while but, on paper, I think Ben Affleck is a really good choice for Batman. My only worries with that are how they write the character.
homeless-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #1528
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum

Yeah as said Daredevil wasn't his fault and the extended version is apparently better... Not seen either version though!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #1529
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Yeah. I have faith in the actors involved in BvS, besides Gadot. Even Eisenburg. I'm not worried about the acting. I'm worried about the writing. I have some bias in that I hate hate hate The Dark Knight Returns.... but The Dark Knight Returns is the dumbest possible story to build a movie universe off of.

"Hey, guys, time to plot out how this universe that we should be expecting to milk for a decade or two is going to work. We introduced Superman. Now what? Well, obviously Batman comes next, right? What do you mean maybe we should see some other characters that haven't gotten the spotlight yet first? Yeah, yeah. Forget that, Bat comes next. Now, what iconic story can we pull for inspiration here? How about The Dark Knight Returns? What do you mean the last movie already pulled obvious influence from The Dark Knight Returns? What do you mean why would I start off a cinematic universe with a story about our biggest hero at the end of his career? This makes perfect sense! Shut up! No you shut up!"

I'm not sure who that side of the conversation belonged to, but it belonged to somebody, and that somebody is an idiot.

Covers:
Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #1530
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheth24
Yeah as said Daredevil wasn't his fault and the extended version is apparently better... Not seen either version though!

I've only seen the extended version, but to be honest, I like it a lot. My only two complaints about it are, 1) The obnoxious Evanescence music, and 2) Daredevil deciding in the end arbitrarily that he's not a killer after we've already seen him kill with there being no story element to bring him there.

Covers:
Old 12-08-2014, 06:07 AM   #1531
BelowTheSun

Gal Gadot is a badass.

Ben Affleck is probably the first on-screen Batman to actually be a fan of Batman. Hom coming on board made me way more excited for the film than I was originally, because he's a big enough name to push back against Snyder and Goyer's dumb ideas. If Batman is done well in BvS, I'm 99% certain that'll be down to Ben rather than anyone else.
BelowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #1532
AnAngrySquirrel

Jared Leto as the Joker is a great casting choice. I can see him playing a more cartoony Joker compared to Ledger's
Old 12-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #1533
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

I could see Jared Leto doing well as The Joker but I could also see them writing that character terribly. I think that's going to be the problem. Hell, Henry Cavill would have been a fantastic Superman if he'd had a better film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
Yeah. I have faith in the actors involved in BvS, besides Gadot. Even Eisenburg. I'm not worried about the acting. I'm worried about the writing. I have some bias in that I hate hate hate The Dark Knight Returns.... but The Dark Knight Returns is the dumbest possible story to build a movie universe off of.

"Hey, guys, time to plot out how this universe that we should be expecting to milk for a decade or two is going to work. We introduced Superman. Now what? Well, obviously Batman comes next, right? What do you mean maybe we should see some other characters that haven't gotten the spotlight yet first? Yeah, yeah. Forget that, Bat comes next. Now, what iconic story can we pull for inspiration here? How about The Dark Knight Returns? What do you mean the last movie already pulled obvious influence from The Dark Knight Returns? What do you mean why would I start off a cinematic universe with a story about our biggest hero at the end of his career? This makes perfect sense! Shut up! No you shut up!"

I'm not sure who that side of the conversation belonged to, but it belonged to somebody, and that somebody is an idiot.

I think they're mostly just taking notes from the Batman and Superman fight from The Dark Knight Returns. I mean that's the main reference point when you talk about a fight between those characters. I know they're planning to have it so Batman has been active for a while but there's no way they will put him at the end of his career.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #1534
BelowTheSun

If the 'fight' in BvS lasts any longer than two seconds I'll laugh my way out of the cinema. You can't set up a Superman that'll snap someone's neck without hesitation, and then try to tell me that he won't just punch this jumped-up, irritating rich kid with issues into the sun.
BelowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #1535
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

I do think you could have worked with some of the terrible parts from the third act of Man of Steel to develop Superman as a character. Since they're going straight to Batman vs. Superman though, I doubt that will happen.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #1536
Cianyx
UG Nerd

Only film worth watching is Batman vs Judge Dredd. **** nuance. Someone make this

Problem: Judge Death is loose
Solution: Fill him with holes

Last edited by Cianyx : 12-08-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Cianyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #1537
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianyx
Only film worth watching is Batman vs Judge Dredd. **** nuance. Someone make this

Problem: Judge Death is loose
Solution: Fill him with holes

Only if we get a Dredd 2 first.

I'll say it again.

http://www.gamesradar.com/tom-hardy...-suicide-squad/

Oh dear.

Last edited by Fisheth24 : 12-08-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #1538
Shabalaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
I do think you could have worked with some of the terrible parts from the third act of Man of Steel to develop Superman as a character. Since they're going straight to Batman vs. Superman though, I doubt that will happen.

It's to lead into a justice league movie so they have their 'Avengers' movie series.

I've got high hopes for it. They have already said it's not The Dark Knight Returns. Look at The Dark Knight, it borrows loads of bits from a few of the novels but it isn't a movie adaptation of said novels.

On a happier note, I've only just seen this and it's awesome. Really hope the movie is similar.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #1539
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Well, the fight is the dumbest part of The Dark Knight Rises, so given the title of the movie, they've already pulled too much from the book for my interest.

Covers:
Old 12-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #1540
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

Have you guys seen DC's latest cover theme? Some of them are pretty hilarious.

PART 1
PART 2

I'm not a huge fan of some of them (such as the Detective Comics/The Matrix one) but this one has to be one of my new favourite images.

Rate This Thread: