User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #4861
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

HE'S BACK

http://m.mlb.com/video/v41316183/de...return-to-mound

25 pitches in 2 innings, fastball in the mid to high 90s, wicked curve at 0:56 in that video. I am pleased.

EDIT: Mmmm yesss it's beautiful http://gfycat.com/TimelyPlainGyrfalcon
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #4862
soundgarden1986
winning love by daylight~

i cant wait until he pitches against the phillies and has to face our offensive bright spot in the form of cole hamels
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #4863
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Assuming both are opening day starters and neither team does anything funny with the 4/6 game that's sandwiched between off days, we're looking at Hamels vs. Harvey for the Mets home opener on 4/13.

EDIT: It's a 1:10 PM start time...I won't be able to watch since I'll be at work
Old 03-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #4864
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDamage
Assuming both are opening day starters and neither team does anything funny with the 4/6 game that's sandwiched between off days, we're looking at Hamels vs. Harvey for the Mets home opener on 4/13.

EDIT: It's a 1:10 PM start time...I won't be able to watch since I'll be at work

That's what DVR and airplane mode on your phone are for my friend.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #4865
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Matt Cain pitched 2 innings today for the first time since his surgeries. 2 innings, no hits, no walks, no strikeouts. I'll take it I guess.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #4866
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

Zack Wheeler has a torn UCL, and is probably going to have Tommy John surgery. Damn.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #4867
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by iro-bot31
Zack Wheeler has a torn UCL, and is probably going to have Tommy John surgery. Damn.

show

EDIT: I still like the rotation of Harvey, DeGrom, Niese, Colon, and Gee but seeing another young arm go down sucks, Mets fan or not.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #4868
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

Marlins have signed Christian Yelich to a 7 year, $49.5 million contract. Unbelievably good contract for us, better than I could have ever hoped.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #4869
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by iro-bot31
Marlins have signed Christian Yelich to a 7 year, $49.5 million contract. Unbelievably good contract for us, better than I could have ever hoped.
If he continues to produce like he has so far that's a very good deal. Marlins outfield is in great shape for the next 6 years and at very reasonable prices.

EDIT: Deal apparently does not have a no trade clause though.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #4870
soundgarden1986
winning love by daylight~

when the **** did barry zito go back to the a's
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #4871
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgarden1986
when the **** did barry zito go back to the a's

Like a month ago. I'm juiced. I love Zito
Old 03-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #4872
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Watching the Mets for the first time this spring. Juanny Beisbol lead off with an inside the park HR, Duda hit a solo HR, Wright crushed an opposite field HR, Cuddyer hit a line drive in the gap for a double. Harvey cruising in the mid-90s with a nice breaking ball. Mets are apparently hitting around .300 collectively with an OBP close to .400 this spring. Wright, Lagares, Flores, Cuddyer, and Granderson are all killing it.

Small sample size and all, but I'm excited.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #4873
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Watching the Mets for the first time this spring. Juanny Beisbol lead off with an inside the park HR, Duda hit a solo HR, Wright crushed an opposite field HR, Cuddyer hit a line drive in the gap for a double. Harvey cruising in the mid-90s with a nice breaking ball. Mets are apparently hitting around .300 collectively with an OBP close to .400 this spring. Wright, Lagares, Flores, Cuddyer, and Granderson are all killing it.

Small sample size and all, but I'm excited.

Meanwhile I'm over here repeating "spring stats don't mean anything."
Old 03-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #4874
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

I generally agree with that, though I still can't help getting excited. Wright's opposite field HR is what's really a good sign here. He pulled all his HR's in an injury-plagued year last year when he usually hits to all fields, a truly healthy Wright with power the other way would be excellent for their lineup.

EDIT: Harvey showing no signs of control or velocity issues is fantastic too.
EDIT 2: Duda's HR was off Sabathia - a lefty. Duda's been terrible this spring (though he's only played in 6 games), but if he can make any kind of improvement at all against LHP then he could have a huge season. He had a .915 OPS against RHP last year and a dismal .516 against LHP.
EDIT 3: Bartolo Colon is starting opening day against the Nats
Old 03-23-2015, 01:53 AM   #4875
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
I generally agree with that, though I still can't help getting excited. Wright's opposite field HR is what's really a good sign here. He pulled all his HR's in an injury-plagued year last year when he usually hits to all fields, a truly healthy Wright with power the other way would be excellent for their lineup.

EDIT: Harvey showing no signs of control or velocity issues is fantastic too.
EDIT 2: Duda's HR was off Sabathia - a lefty. Duda's been terrible this spring (though he's only played in 6 games), but if he can make any kind of improvement at all against LHP then he could have a huge season. He had a .915 OPS against RHP last year and a dismal .516 against LHP.
EDIT 3: Bartolo Colon is starting opening day against the Nats

It's my best justification for the majority of the Giants starters hitting under the Mendoza line while everyone in the rotation has massive ERAs

and lolColon
Old 03-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #4876
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/da...-on-the-record/

There's an old saying my mom used to say; "Those who have the loudest denials are usually the ones with the most to hide."

Quote:
If itís legal, ballplayers take it. Why? Because if you make it to the World Series, you play 180 games. Really think about that for a second. 180 games. Your kids could be sick, your wife could be yelling at you, your dad could be dying ó nobody cares. Nobody cares if you have a bone bruise in your wrist or if you have a pulled groin. Youíre an entertainer. The people want to see you hit a 95-mile-an-hour fastball over a damn 37-foot wall.

The irony of an overweight DH complaining about playing through injuries you typically get from running and cutting is astounding.

Quote:
Nobody wants to talk about that though. Theyíre on me for my flair now.

No, I'm on you because you're a whiny crybaby who threw a temper tantrum a twelve-year old would be embarrassed by that was not only over something as small and commonplace for every single other player in the history of the game as a ball being called a strike, but also damaged another team's property, and had serious potential to injure one of your teammates(Lets ignore the fact you're swinging a baseball bat full-speed in confined quarters. See how close some of the shards fly to the ball boy and Pedroia? What do you think would happen if the jagged pieces of shrapnel you knocked off the phone hit and cut one of them?). And when you weren't even suspended or fined five digits, you decided that still was unjustified and appealed it. Not only was the fine incredibly small by your salary's standards, but appealing the fine basically says "I don't believe I did wrong, and I feel that what I did was reasonable and justifiable." At least Manny apologized for his stupid immaturity, and at least he's a 22-year old kid who's stupid because he's a kid rather than a 40-year old grown-ass man who's just stupid because he's stupid.

Quote:
I wanted to kill this guy. But you canít react. Thatís what they want.

Reacting in the locker room against one stupid jackass saying something borderline racist? Unacceptable. Reacting in close proximity to your teammates in a fashion that puts them in harm's way over something that happens on a nightly basis? A-ok.

Quote:
About 30 minutes later, Iím getting dressed when I see my face pop up on the TV. I see ďFailed Test. 2003.Ē No one had ever told me Iíd failed any test. Now six years later some documents get leaked and theyíre saying Iím dirty. I called my agent and asked what was going on. He didnít have any answers for me. I called the MLB Playersí Association and they didnít have any answers for me. To this day, nobody has any answers for me. Nobody can tell me what I supposedly tested positive for. They say they legally canít, because the tests were never supposed to be public.

Let me tell you something. Say whatever you want about me ó love me, hate me. But Iím no bullshitter. I never knowingly took any steroids. If I tested positive for anything, it was for something in pills I bought at the damn mall.

Because this doesn't sound like every excuse every single player who tested positive and didn't blame a trainer or a doctor has used. "I never took it willingly or knowingly. I only tested positive for it because I bought something without knowing what it was in, in spite of the substances in it having potential to adversely impact my career and therefore being something I should be paying a lot of attention to."

I'm probably nitpicking, but Papi is only slightly behind A-Rod on the list of players I will celebrate the retirement of.

Baltimore Orioles: 96-66, 2014 AL Eastern division champions
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2014: 10-6
2014 Pick 'Em: 173-79-3

Last edited by necrosis1193 : 03-26-2015 at 10:45 PM.
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #4877
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

And Papi's gonna be a first round HOFer because lolredsox.
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #4878
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Watching Brewers spring training games. It's in the 80's there, it's in the 20's here.
Love is blind, and probably missing a few other senses, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
If I had the money, I wouldn't be posting links to sales, I'd be posting NGDs!

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: