miio

Thats pretty damn sweet! HNGD man!
miio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #22
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of gold guitars. Many times, they have a slightly greenish cast to my eyes, but that one seems to avoid that issue. Very pure & clean, a true gold.
That's the bronze elements of the old 'Goldtop' nitro paint. Most poly golds don't discolour and you can get other shades of gold nitro that won't discolour either.

But having slightly larger flakes like this does help, too. Original Goldtops have quite a smooth metallic quality, so you get more of the colour and less of the metallic. Any discolouration becomes more obvious. The larger and sparklier (if that's even a word) the flakes get, the more you'll just notice the reflective properties and the less you notice any inconsistency in the colour.

... Personally, I'm just a big camp girls' blouse and love anything gaudy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmolteratx
I assume you had to go straight through them, right? No dickinv around with a dealer?
I'm in the UK, so I normally would have had to have gone through a shop; as it happens I've a friend at SD's UK distributor, so I was able to cut out one of the two middle-men, at least.
My understanding is that if you're in the US, you can phone up Seymour Duncan directly and order right from them. For everywhere else, you need to contact a shop who will contact the local distributor who will contact Seymour Duncan.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
Personally, I'm just a big camp girls' blouse and love anything gaudy.

I can't say I like "anything" gaudy- I have owned several Volvos and currently drive an Accord- but I'm flashy enough to confuse the hell out of people.

Once, wearing jewelry I designed, a slik shirt, and a pink vest done by Cosette into an Irish pub (in not the best neighborhood)to shoot pool & drink with two of my friends (a redheaded girl and a 6'4" behemoth), I thought I might get picked on or mocked by patrons thinking I was gay.

But nobody bugged me whey left me at the pool table to take care of business elsewhere in the bar. They returned 20 minutes later, laughing their asses off.

Apparently, according to conversations held in their vicinity, I had been mistaken for a "leg-breaker" and "hired muscle."

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: