Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #2521
nico_9550
Registred lurker

The thing were you put the bar on is broken on mine, I not sure why. I've reattached it several time, adjusted it, etc. but it comes of after a couple f days of use which is really annoying so unless I find another solution I want to buy a new one. Also, this is a cheap Licensed Floyd so the upgrade to an original may be worth it
nico_9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #2522
wkm

when/how do i know if i need new springs because currently i have 3 in the /|\ position with the claw as far in as possible with the bridge still being pulled up a little.

also, when restringing/tuning, do i remove the block from the cavity after restringing? or after tuning?
wkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #2523
HomerSGR
What?

I have a problem with an Edge Zero II bridge.

While looking at adjusting the action during a string change, I noticed one of the knife edges had slipped off the post completely and was resting lower down the post. I guess it had been doing this for a while (the tremolo isn't used though) so I removed the springs and the bridge to be able to judge any damage on the post or knife edge, and while it had removed the finish from the post, it didn't look too bad.

I re-installed the bridge, after setting the action on the posts, and tuned the guitar up with the trem blocked. When I removed the block, the bridge was sitting very high and I started to add spring tension when I suddenly ran out of adjustment. The problem is that the Edge Zero II doesn't have the usual FR springs and claw that screw right into the wood, but a wheel that you turn to adjust tension and no room to add more springs.

What to do? The guitar is fully playable now, with the blocked bridge, but I'm a bit lost about how I would get enough spring tension now. I use 9-42 strings, so I haven't changed the gauge and I can't understand why this happened.

I'm new to setting up floating trems though, so any advice appreciated. (I may have overlooked something completely obvious.)

Thanks in advance.

Yamaha SG2000
Gibson LP Std Faded
Gibson LP Deluxe
Fender Am Std Strat
Fender Std Strat
Fender Am Std Tele
Fender Am Std Tele
Charvel San Dimas
ESP Eclipse 1CTM
Jackson RR5
Ibanez RG1XXV
PRS SE C24
Schecter Blackjack V-1
HomerSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #2524
onapthanh

Thank you for all
onapthanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:36 AM   #2525
Randalltbartel

I think setting up a Floyd Rose is very difficult if the person don't know the proper way. So this will help who need a guide for setting up a Floyd Rose.
Randalltbartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #2526
JGM258

I'm having trouble setting up my FR guitar, I blocked the Floyd because the springs are worn out and because the Fr is a cheapie. But I can't get this sucker set up! Neck relief is good, but on the A and D strings, I have dead notes on frets 15-22 (approx). My Bass E string is too high and the next two are too low. G is little buzzy but manageable, B and E are ok. So whats up? I heard this problem can be related to the nut not being conformed to the radius, and this guitar has a compound radius(12-16 I think). Every note below the 15 fret is perfect on all strings.

Thanks!
JGM258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: