Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
evmac
Baroness Lover

Thoroughbred Racing Pigeon (Spunk Metal)

Hey guys my band is just releasing our first EP, titled "Continue Anyways". It's basically a punk/metal blend. It's a five song EP I'd be happy to send for free online if anyone would like to hear it. We have a couple songs up on our facebook bandpage: Thoroughbred Racing Pigeon that are of the quality on the album. If you wouldn't mind giving us a like too that would be great. I don't care if you tear us apart either but I hope you enjoy it!

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s
evmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Boav

Cool stuff! I really enjoyed Fort Mac, and thought it did sound pretty Hardcore, Minor Threatish. Gave you a like on FB.

Would you mind repaying the favour and giving us a listen and a like on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/HoiPolloi.Band

Cheers. We appreciate it
Boav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
evmac
Baroness Lover

A somewhat generic response but thanks for listening!

You guys can play, but the production's not really there. I would recommend getting some songs out there that are recorded to a higher standard. We have some timing issues on our stuff since we didn't use a metronome, but I'd rather have a good quality recording. Nowadays you can do it for extremely cheap. Other than that you guys have a good vibe!

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
FrauVfromPoB
A Reasonably Talented Guy

This is pretty awesome, it reminds of Propaghandi a little. Except angrier. Which is fine. The only thing is that I think your production is at that stage where it can't decide whether to be lo-fi and old school or modern and juicy, and it it ends up sounding worse than going distinctly one way or the other. There's a lot of static when all the instruments are playing together. I thinks its your cymbals clipping. But the song writing is obviously there, which overall is more important to me. I imagine you'd absolutely destroy on stage.

If you feel a strong urge to C4C, click the link in my sig. It's probably right up your alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Lightfoot
I opened the door and went round and round and I banged my head and then my arm fell off.

Last edited by FrauVfromPoB : 11-04-2011 at 09:01 AM.
FrauVfromPoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
evmac
Baroness Lover

Yeah I think that has to do with the fact our mix was a little substandard (we pretty much one-took the album), then the guy we took it too tried to get best out of it that he could. The final product was a little rushed, so now it's a little in between but overall I'm happy with the sound. I'm not really stoked on my tone or anything, but considering my amp's tubes blew right before I went in I'm happy with it.

Propagandhi's a huge influence on us. We listen to them all the time when we're hanging out so that's funny you mentioned em. Glad you liked it.

I've been checking out your songs and I'm impressed by one of the lead guitar players. He's a got a good sound and style, very eighties hardcore punk, like Suicidal Tendencies (who I love). If you guys work on your timing a little, more things will definitely come together. Thanks for listening!

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Old 02-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
evmac
Baroness Lover

Bump*

new songs added to Our Bandcamp

We also shot a couple studio videos and we recorded our show from last night. Both should be up within the month! Cheers!

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Old 01-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
evmac
Baroness Lover

BUMP*

Our first LP, PEONS has just been released on our Bandcamp website. We're super proud of this album and we feel the quality is higher in both its production and the songwriting. I feel the album is much more coherent, and it's got a nice flow to it as we put in some musical interludes and some slower parts. Overall it's still a pretty heavy effort from us and I'd really appreciate any feedback or comments.

The whole album can be streamed free, and downloaded for a small $7 charge.

Here's the link to our new album: http://thoroughbredracingpigeon.ban...com/album/peons

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s

Rate This Thread: