Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #201
Stephen Quinn

I only wish Helloween would play more shows in the UK. Saw them in Glasgow in 2006 and was a great night, their only scottish gig to date. Still great live though! Still to get the '7 Sinners' album.
Stephen Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #202
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Quinn
I only wish Helloween would play more shows in the UK. Saw them in Glasgow in 2006 and was a great night, their only scottish gig to date. Still great live though! Still to get the '7 Sinners' album.

They almost never come to Canada
At least as far as I'm aware.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #203
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Anyone notice that their "commercial" releases are ironically their most unknown, unpopular albums?
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #204
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Been listening to songs like Rise and Fall and March of Time the past couple of days and remembering why Helloween is the fucking best band ever

FUCK YESSSSS
Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #205
vilk
******ed

I like Helloween, but in my mind, while OLD Helloween is a legit band, anything from the new band is kind joke music. Sort of a powermetal weird al. I mean, have you guys ever paid attention to the lyrics to Mr. Torture? It's so bad that it's funny... but I'm laughing at them, not with them.

I know some of you might say: they had weird lyrics in the old stuff too! What about Future World!I dunno man... I think even though yes the lyrics are silly if we look at them now... maybe back when it was happening they were epic? Er... at least in old helloween song it seemed like the band knew that they were being funny... but nowdays they just seem serious, even though the lyrics are unquestionably more ... bad?

Can someone who knows more about the band than I do give me some direction on this: what's the deal with helloween lyrics? old or new. Are they trying to be funny? Are they NOT trying to be funny? Does anyone not think some of the things this band says are absolutely ridiculous?

I legitimately like Just A Little Sign, but every time I listen I hear 'something's growing in my pants as she looks into my eyes' and I just sort of... wtf guy. wtf is supposed to be going on here.

Last edited by vilk : 06-25-2013 at 12:00 AM.
vilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #206
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

They've always tried to be funny, but unlike Edguy it's a less tongue-in-cheek kind of humor and more awkward and vulgar, almost bordering on creepy old guy humor. Oh well, anyway

HIS ASSISTANT'S HIPS WERE NICE, SO HE CLONED HER ONCE OR TWICE

NOW HIS HIPS ARE ACHIN' WHAT A DEAL

Rate This Thread: