Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
cdgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimi_page
omg! yeah right, so I'll just practice sweeping 15-20 minutes a day, and you know when will I be able to play god-like Loomis's sweeps (eg. This godless endeavor) ? Never! I mean, don't get me wrong, but it's simple logic: the more I do something focused and as clean as possible, the faster I'll get better at it. I just asked a question, and some of you guys say that I don't need to practice more than 20 minutes. It's absurd

Are you talking about practicing generally or isolating a specific technique? I don't think anybody here is saying you should spend 20 minutes sweeping arpeggios and then put your guitar down for the day.

You should spend 20 minutes sweeping arps to warm up and learn new sweep patterns, and then spend another 2-3 hours working on repertoire that incorporates sweeps.

Being able to shred with a metronome doesn't mean much. Shit, you can probably get there in a month. The hardest part of anything in music is actually making it sound good in performance, and that can take years no matter how much you practice.
cdgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #22
ffflyaway
Banned

When you're just learning Fifa Ultimate Team Coins Kaufen something, yeah, put as much time in as you want.
ffflyaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: