Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 06:37 AM   #34761
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

It's downloading now.

Has anybody checked out the Wet Hot American Summer series on Netflix yet? I'm trying to decide whether I'd rather binge on that or the new Bojack Horseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
Skorp I dunno why Facebook or Skype would ever have a problem with their brand popping up in a film or whatever. It's pretty much free product placement

It'll be some legal thing I don't understand. It's jarring enough to take me out of a film a bit when the characters are talking about a made up social media site though.

Last edited by homeless-john : Today at 06:41 AM.
homeless-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #34762
Minkaro
UG's Mink

Genuinely tempted to write a film just to have "Skorp" be a software in it.

Edit: I watched "They Live" after hearing that Roddy Piper does not. Good film, the big fight scene in it is great.

I'm part of a film-making company in Shropshire. Please like us on Facebook.

Twitter

Youtube (I play video games badly)

Last edited by Minkaro : Today at 06:40 AM.
Minkaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #34763
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

That scene is one of the rare examples where drawing something out makes it so much better.
homeless-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:04 AM   #34764
padgea7x
I'll wank you, you dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
Has anybody checked out the Wet Hot American Summer series on Netflix yet? I'm trying to decide whether I'd rather binge on that or the new Bojack Horseman.

Wasn't a massive fan of the film but for some reason I watched all 8 episodes yesterday.
It was decent, probably more ridiculous than the film was. Also has the voice actor of Archer so that was definitely a good inclusion.
Michael Showalter was good, if only because of his appearance.

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off

padgea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #34765
ali.guitarkid7
Awesome Possum

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
Yeah sure! That's weird, I jus started writing a short story yesterday (a solid 2 sentences )

Sweet. Yeah, getting past that is some tough shit. I'm actually surprised I'm like 70% done, can't imagine being at 2 sentences again (that's exactly how I started haha, put two sentences down and went to planning). What's it about?

I would progress way faster if I just didn't hate logical detail stuff. It's hard to love, despite being the surface of the entire story. My advice is figure out the ending before you put a single word down. I see this advice everywhere, all the time, and I still ignore it.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #34766
steve_muse
UG Resident

Yea I'm so anal with it, but I'm pretty happy with what I have so far now (that's more than 2 sentences now I mean ). It's a concept I've been thinking about for a while now, but I'll wait for you to read it to find out what it is tho. the content tho is 2 guys meeting at a strange kind of train station. Yours?

yea I've not done that, or at least I've done in a very vague, could he this, could be that way. It's more of an opening than it is any kind of completed piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 457undead
I hope you guys realize that HTML\jsp can be easily manipulated in your browser, so there is no real way to confirm that this conversation happened.
steve_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #34767
ThrashUnleashed
brought dipping sticks

Pixar Weekend update: I've been thinking about Ratatouille since I saw it on Thursday and I think it definitely has a particular segment that's much weaker than I remembered. Even though I enjoy a good 80% of the film better than anything else that one part is really throwing me off.

So, uh... I'm watching Toy Story right now and I'll do The Incredibles after because I'd like to start off with rewatches. We'll see, but I have a feeling Ratatouille will drop at least two slots on my ranking.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #34768
seventh_angel
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashUnleashed at #33527697
Pixar Weekend update: I've been thinking about Ratatouille since I saw it on Thursday and I think it definitely has a particular segment that's much weaker than I remembered. Even though I enjoy a good 80% of the film better than anything else that one part is really throwing me off.

So, uh... I'm watching Toy Story right now and I'll do The Incredibles after because I'd like to start off with rewatches. We'll see, but I have a feeling Ratatouille will drop at least two slots on my ranking.
Are you talking about that 111 min segment ?

No, but, for real, which one ?
seventh_angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #34769
ThrashUnleashed
brought dipping sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventh_angel
Are you talking about that 111 min segment ?

No, but, for real, which one ?

Linguini's romance with Collette and drunkenness on power/Remy's revenge on him for abandoning him. I don't know what about it felt off to me but it's festering in my head and seriously bringing down the quality of the film more and more.

I think Ratatouille was a victim of me talking a lot of big shit about how flawless it is based on vague memories; and then having seen it for the first time since 2007 I realized that I wasn't making claims on genuine analysis.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #34770
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Been watching some David Attenborough shows like Life, Planet Earth and Natures Great Events. So goooooood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #34771
K'Nuckles
Butts

Huu ^

Deep ocean episodes hmu

Rate This Thread: