Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Do you think Chiropractors can cure PMS/Ear aches?
Yes 2 12.50%
No 6 37.50%
Are you freaking kidding me? 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
a0kalittlema0n

@Guitarxo I didn't say that alternative medicine sucked or was worthless, I was just differentiating between Chiropractors and PTs.

@OfCourseNot: PTs do the same thing but a different approach that IS researched and proven to be effective. That is where the two differ. PTs avoid doing manipulations until muscles have been strengthened to be able to do their job sufficiently where quack-o-practors manipulate your back every few days/weeks and tell you to exercise throughout. PTs avoid doing spinal manips when you don't need them because there is always that small % chance of something bad happening.

Edit: and it doesn't prove to be effective long term UNLESS the muscles are strong enough to perform properly, which is another reason they don't repetitively do manips. (backed by research also)

Quote:
you mean 5% of not-quite-shit? yeah, it's worth it, especially when the other option, standard accepted medicine, has a much better track record, even despite big pharma meddling and all that doo.

Exactly.

Last edited by a0kalittlema0n : 04-25-2013 at 12:34 PM.
a0kalittlema0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
metalblaster
UG Newbie

Chiropractors worked for me. When you have actual back problems, it can be quite relieving when a chiropractor cracks your and relieves pain and discomfort. It had a great effect on me. Thing is you have to keep seeing them to maintain that state. And at 100$ a session, that can get pretty expensive. Especially when your insurance limit is 300$ a year.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: