Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
the_weirdoman

Ermahgerds! (metal) C4C

So, this is a song that started out as a few riffs I wrote when I was drunk and mopey and now its done ! with most(by most I mean abt 60%) of the tracks recorded sober ! Also theres no bass guitar in the mix.

Anyways, I'll be sure to C4C. Looking forward to ure responses !

http://soundcloud.com/clockwork-convulations/er

This is still a very rough mix and all I'm looking for is musical crit.

Last edited by the_weirdoman : 11-08-2012 at 07:13 PM.
the_weirdoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
MaXiMuse
Has an X in his name

Private track? Because the link is not working

This is an electronic track I made, influenced by Trentemøller and Meshuggah
If you want C4C just give me a message!
MaXiMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
the_weirdoman

Sorry abt that ! Yeah it was set to private. You can check it now
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Commandantee

I assume this is the track you were trying to link .. I actually quite liked it, other than the super sterility of the mix. The riffing was pretty damn rad, it started off very pantera-ish and slowly worked its way to death metal, with a necrophagist-esque solo thrown in there which I quite liked. It flowed well, kept me interested and would make a good song if properly recorded and mixed. Good shit man, keep it up
Commandantee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Pond Scum
cheeto eater

0 - .57 I thought were a bit slow could use something else maybe a background lead track?

.58-.59 nice change up

1.00 - 1,28 my favorite part needs more of this IMO

1.36 - 2.07 would be bad ass if you harmonized another guitar track in there...

2.08 - 2.24 kick ass licks I likey

2.26 - to the end I dunno i did get carpal tunnel though. Maybe another lead track here to round it out?

Overall I thought it could kick some ass!

Thanks for the crit!
Pond Scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
aaron aardvark

the_weirdoman,
Playing is tight, good riffs. Yep, it needs some electric bass. Some cool guitar pitch bends. Drums are OK, but they'd sound better with the electric bass. You're off to a good start (assuming you'll do more with it). Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1571779
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Drummerrrrr?
Howdy, howdy, howdy

Writing is very good. I think, production wise, playing could be a tad tighter. Guitars need to sit back so the drums can be brought out. Reallllllly needs bass but I understand if you don't have access to one. What I would recommend, though, is maybe looking up and purchasing the Zombass Kontakt instrument. That baby killsssss for programming bass. Just a thought. Top track, I'd be stoked!

www.lachlancresswell.com
Drummerrrrr? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
the_weirdoman

thanks all you guys for the feedback ! I don't think I can get it to be anymore tighter (1 year down the line and I'm still plagued by Redlight fever)

Hopefully once the mix is fully done, It'll sound much better. Till then, you're stuck listening to my crappy mix
Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
FaceFive

Mostly criting mix here, would really need to hear how vocals fit in to judge the song properly but.

Cant really crit the mix either since its just a rough mix but the sounds..

Sounds like i'm hearing Ezdrummer and Pod Farm or something like that.

The Riffs are tight, I like that! I like the snare though what are you using for drums?
FaceFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
devilzdj4
Wake up, the time is now.

Hey man, listening and writing:
Starts off pretty kickass man, great sound quality. Very Lamb of God (which I love!). you got some great ideas here man, impressive. I like that guitar dip and then into the new section, very cool and melodic. The ride here complements it well! Nice solo too! Overall good stuff man, when bass and vocals are added it would sound even more br00tz, you're very talented
Youtube

Check out my covers on YouTube!!
www.youtube.com/devilzdj4
devilzdj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
STONESHAKER
UG Fanatic

Hey man, listening now.

First riff's cool, definitely has a good structure to it and flows into the next bit well. I am assuming the vocals should be cutting in over the palm muted riff here. I can hear Phil Anselmo singing over this in my head.

Like the riff with the slur bend that follows too, and the stabbing dissonant harmonies. The harmonies that follow remind me a fair bit of something Kurt Ballou would do on earlier Converge records.

Solo kicking in at the two minute mark is good, sensing a strong thrash influence... too short though.

Tremolo part around 3 minutes in is pretty cool... adding the bass in will really increase the poignancy of that part. Ending was an easy way to wrap it up.

Overall good, production quality high esp for an early mix but you gotta finish it up with the vocals and bass man.

C4C? Bunch of stuff in my sig you can pick from.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #12
the_weirdoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceFive
Mostly criting mix here, would really need to hear how vocals fit in to judge the song properly but.

Cant really crit the mix either since its just a rough mix but the sounds..

Sounds like i'm hearing Ezdrummer and Pod Farm or something like that.

The Riffs are tight, I like that! I like the snare though what are you using for drums?

Yup I'm using EZDrummer Metalheads and LePou plugins. (I'm a brokeass nigga)

As stated above this is a very rough mix and not the final one. I'm looking for crits on my composition and songwriting ( while also drawing your attention away from my very shitty mixing abilities )

I'd love to have vocals in my songs, except that I can't growl for $#it. I have the patterns and lyrics written down. Hopefull will get them done someday
Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
isispelican

try to pick harder or reduce the amount of gating on the guitars, it will sound a bit more punchy
isispelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
Invisus
UG's Roope

The guitars are pretty sweet, but they are just a little muddy. I really dig that tone though and if you could refine it they would shine in this song.

Last edited by Invisus : 11-25-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Invisus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: