Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #17121
DamienEx1021
PC Police

I was about 30 seconds from buying one of the new nVidia cards. I have been having issues with my R7 240 playing nice with my HD 7950. Had to uninstall all AMD drivers and spend 2.5 hours getting everything working again. This is getting annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
PC police strike again
DamienEx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #17122
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuse-a-Cat
I'm tempted to get a mechanical keyboard.

Razer Black Widow Ultimate is one of my favorite computer investments ever. Get one if you like Razer.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #17123
Confuse-a-Cat
The Jackson Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
Razer Black Widow Ultimate is one of my favorite computer investments ever. Get one if you like Razer.

I've never had anything from Razer. There's something I can't quite put my finger on in their design style that puts me off.

I'm a big Corsair fan, and I'd probably order one of theirs - except a lot of people seem to have trouble with the LEDs failing. I don't even care about the backlights, probably wouldn't use them, but I hate the idea of something failing.
Confuse-a-Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #17124
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuse-a-Cat
I've never had anything from Razer. There's something I can't quite put my finger on in their design style that puts me off.

I'm a big Corsair fan, and I'd probably order one of theirs - except a lot of people seem to have trouble with the LEDs failing. I don't even care about the backlights, probably wouldn't use them, but I hate the idea of something failing.

Got one of the Corsair Mech Keyboards and after about 9 months some of the blue LED back lights started going out. Needless to say the friend I bought this for was a little disappointed, as I was myself. On the flip side, I am using a Logitech G-15 that is likely 4+ years old. Nothing on this thing has failed.

Quote:
PC police strike again
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #17125
pugachev

I use a Cooler Master Storm Quickfire TK. Its a short profile and pretty basic aside from blue LEDs and switches. Solid as a rock and feels as good as the day I bought it.
pugachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #17126
The4thHorsemen
Which way's she spinning?

Yup, I got a CM Storm QuickFire Pro a couple of years ago and love the way it feels and the fact that it's fairly heavy. It only has red lights on the "gaming cluster" You can change modes so that it's just wasd or the whole area of esc-F4, 1-5, q-r, a-f, z-c. Aside from different light intensities it also has this cool "breathing mode" where the lights slowly get dimmer and brighter. I also like being able to disable the windows key. I used to accidentally hit it when playing games all the time.

I can't stand using keyboards that don't stick to the normal layout. I have to have a full numberpad and know where the delete, home, and end keys are.

Last edited by The4thHorsemen : Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
The4thHorsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #17127
pugachev

Not for everyone, but I like how it cuts a chunk of size off the keyboard. Full-size keyboards just feel so clunky and unnecessarily large to me now. The arrow keys and home/end/del, etc are all in the same spot proportionally to a full-sized kb. They just chop off the numpad and throw the keys together and use numlock to switch between the two. I can imagine it being a nightmare for an accountant or something tho.

Looks like all the 970s are sold out for the time being. Guess that gives me time to decide which I should get. The MSI Twin Frozr looks the best by far, but the Gigabyte Windforce seems to be the best performer. Its also the ugliest of the bunch. hmmm

Last edited by pugachev : Yesterday at 08:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #17128
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Oh before I forget, free anti-virus software? I just need to do a sweep of my computer. Its been acting a little funny and I want to make sure I don't have anything. Ran MSE and Malewarebytes and nothing came up but I want to make sure with something else.

Quote:
PC police strike again
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #17129
pugachev

Avast seems to be the most popular. I should download it myself, havent used a virus scanner in years lol.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #17130
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Avast. It has a "Silent/Gaming Mode" and uses very little CPU cycles.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #17131
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Good enough for me. Although it seems my problem has solved itself. My computer hasn't crashed in a good 2 hours. I was worried I might have broke something when I was overclocking the other day. I have no idea WTF was going on. I had made so many changes to my system lately I couldn't pinpoint any one thing.

I am actually about to buy Windows 8.1 for my main PC. I recently saw some benchmarks where it showed increased stability, better results, and general better PC performance. Though I might wait again to see what Windows 9 is going to bring to the market.

Quote:
PC police strike again
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #17132
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

I'm waiting for 9 myself, yeah.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #17133
pugachev

So, guesses on what AMD has planned?

Old Today, 12:22 AM   #17134
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4thHorsemen
Yup, I got a CM Storm QuickFire Pro a couple of years ago and love the way it feels and the fact that it's fairly heavy. It only has red lights on the "gaming cluster" You can change modes so that it's just wasd or the whole area of esc-F4, 1-5, q-r, a-f, z-c. Aside from different light intensities it also has this cool "breathing mode" where the lights slowly get dimmer and brighter. I also like being able to disable the windows key. I used to accidentally hit it when playing games all the time.

I can't stand using keyboards that don't stick to the normal layout. I have to have a full numberpad and know where the delete, home, and end keys are.

Just saying, Razer products have breathing mode, and as of the new Chroma line the keys are individually customizable.

Seriously though. A good keyboard in general is necessary. I shrugged it off as meaningless for years before I got into PC gaming, but I adore my keyboard for any given purpose now, and any guest I allow to use my computer comments on how much better it feels. If you're going to spend hours a day using something, it's worth the extra money to make it feel nice.

Covers:
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #17135
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugachev

SKYNET!

#AMDisSkynet

Bandcamp

Old Today, 12:42 AM   #17136
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugachev

A massive virus that has already been spreading that will activate and destroy all of our Intel and NVidia products at the same time?

Covers:
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #17137
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
A massive virus that has already been spreading that will activate and destroy all of our Intel and NVidia products at the same time?

Looks like my computer is immune then.

Putting my money on announcing GPU's and with any luck a CPU update as well.

Quote:
PC police strike again

Rate This Thread: