Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

To be constructive: I understand what you were trying to achieve with the trailer: a disorienting, horror film-esque aesthetic. However, I think that it moves a little too fast when some of the clips and images that you use are scary enough on their own that you could rest on them just a little longer and not lose that deliberately uncomfortable feeling.

If it was a little less choppy, you could really use the clips for all that they are worth without losing the feeling of the tempo. In fact, I think it would add to that sense of discord.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez13
Well, Laibach live in the same city like me, i actually contact them for this project, cause i
filmed their scenograpy and some scenes conected with them, this film is more about city Ljubljana but also about the band Laibach, let say 20%.

Really? How so?

For those sorry souls unaware with Laibach, life is life

Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #23
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus

that trailer was the best thing ever
New Album Melancholic
LIKE MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #24
Primus2112
gortar hero

now we're talking about the band laibach?

fuck yeah

Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #25
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Well i am grateful for this about my titles, i was thinking that, they are kind of fast to read, but every viewer can press stop button and read the subtitle, well i really dont wanna start too much about the subtitles fact, ok they are probably very fast and maybe i should remove them, but in the other hand, people outside of Slovenia or ex Yugoslavia got to see what is actually happenin in our country, so you really cant show them without subtitles, i mean you can.. But much harder. About the trailer, i got very large interest somwhere, and people who didn like it, that is normal offcourse.

People shouldn't have to pause to read subtitles. That's a very bad sign. You're trying to encourage people to watch your film, not make it more difficult to do so.
If people can't read the subtitles the solution isn't for them to pause the video, it's for you to slow it down.

And the subtitles in the speech parts really don't help people to see what's happening. As I say, they aren't even full sentences.

"That we hate from the deep of our heart Communism and we strongly" adds nothing, even if they pause to read it (which I just did). People understand the tone from the music and the fact you're showing video of political marches. You're trying to show a sense of social unrest and political divide, which is already shown and in no way helped by the half sentence above.
The next subtitle "Communists realised that, without National emancipation, there can't" again is completely unhelpful. It is again too fast and on a very busy background so quite unreadable, and again isn't even a full sentence. There can't what? It adds nothing.

The sentence "Denie their Bolshevik Jewish corrupted with gold from rich criminals and murderes" is actually on screen for less than a second. It's pointless.

Well I'm bored of listing these problems, but I get the feeling you're not going to change anything anyway.

Just slow it down, stop cutting back and forth so often, get rid of the useless subtitles, actually take care with the font and position of any writing (there was one page with at least 3 different font sizes spread across the page), and just generally... take a little more time polishing this up. It's very difficult to watch, and I'm sorry to say not very good.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #26
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Well i am grateful for this about my titles, i was thinking that, they are kind of fast to read, but every viewer can press stop button and read the subtitle, well i really dont wanna start too much about the subtitles fact, ok they are probably very fast and maybe i should remove them, but in the other hand, people outside of Slovenia or ex Yugoslavia got to see what is actually happenin in our country, so you really cant show them without subtitles, i mean you can.. But much harder. About the trailer, i got very large interest somwhere, and people who didn like it, that is normal offcourse.

If you think that is a legitimate idea, stop making movies. Never touch a camera again.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort

Last edited by rockingamer2 : 02-01-2013 at 07:36 AM.
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: