Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #241
davrockist
UG's Spitfire

Saw them last night - incredible experience
10/10 would see again

Such a good setlist too. They played stuff off every album
Originally Posted by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

davrockist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #242
davrockist
UG's Spitfire

Anyone listened to the B-sides off Opposites? Thundermonster has been on repeat for the last day or two.
Originally Posted by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

davrockist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #243
Josh100_3

Can't stand these guys and I'm not really sure why. I listened to Puzzles and was thinking "I SHOULD love this, I mean the music is up my alley" but I dunno, just not my cup of tea?
Josh100_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #244
NeutralFan
UG's Grey Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh100_3
Can't stand these guys and I'm not really sure why. I listened to Puzzles and was thinking "I SHOULD love this, I mean the music is up my alley" but I dunno, just not my cup of tea?

What is your alley? They're pretty diverse, you might find you like some of their other stuff. Their pre-Puzzle stuff is certainly far more adventurous, and, IMO (as well as that of many others), better.

Call me Neutral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
HIBERNIAN FC
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 13/14
NeutralFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #245
BenRaah
well tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh100_3

ur listening 2 the wrong album lol

soundcloud
BenRaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #246
sjones
UG's Analrapist

Tickets go on sale Friday for some North American dates! I'm totally there at the Columbus show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #247
NeutralFan
UG's Grey Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
Tickets go on sale Friday for some North American dates! I'm totally there at the Columbus show!

Out of curiosity, how big are they in the States? Household name? On charts?

Call me Neutral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_
HIBERNIAN FC
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #248
sjones
UG's Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralFan
Out of curiosity, how big are they in the States? Household name? On charts?

Unfortunately, no where near as big as they are in Europe. They're a large club/theater kind of act in America as compared to an Arena act across the pond.

Isn't it sad that buttrawk acts like Papa Roach can do stadium tours in America and a band that's actually bringing something fresh to the table like Biffy is playing in theaters?

My best "in a nutshell" explanation is that the casual, generally non-musician, rock fan in America only gets exposed to buttrawk because the typical modern rock station (or "active rock" as it's called) is only playing the commercialized garbage out there. I'm making an assumption here, but it seems to me that the European casual music fan probably has more of an appreciation for creativity and actual discernible musical talent more so than an American casual music fan.

I live in a country where butt-spelunking Five Finger Death Suck is a popular band. FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #249
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"

I'd far rather see Biffy in a club than a stadium, anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #250
NeutralFan
UG's Grey Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
Unfortunately, no where near as big as they are in Europe. They're a large club/theater kind of act in America as compared to an Arena act across the pond.

Isn't it sad that buttrawk acts like Papa Roach can do stadium tours in America and a band that's actually bringing something fresh to the table like Biffy is playing in theaters?

My best "in a nutshell" explanation is that the casual, generally non-musician, rock fan in America only gets exposed to buttrawk because the typical modern rock station (or "active rock" as it's called) is only playing the commercialized garbage out there. I'm making an assumption here, but it seems to me that the European casual music fan probably has more of an appreciation for creativity and actual discernible musical talent more so than an American casual music fan.

I live in a country where butt-spelunking Five Finger Death Suck is a popular band. FML.

Well it would be presumptuous of me to agree on the whole of Europe having better taste, but I think it's probably fair to say that people are on the whole more open to experimental and unique music. Certainly bands which do things a little different, like Biffy or Muse or Alt-J, seem to get a much better reception than in America, where making more generic (not necessarily bad, but not unique) music seems to be rewarded more by the mainstream music business. Certainly I struggle to think of any big, recent commercially successful American bands (other than maybe Deftones) that I am happy to say I like, whereas all three bands listed above and plenty more are British, good, and very commercially successful.

Also, more underground but still world-renouned experimental acts like Sigur Ros, GY!BE, Explosions in the Sky (okay, bad examples, all same genre really and the former is European) seem to tend to do better here than in America, from what I can tell.

In other words, our mainstream isn't as mainstream.

Not to say that crappy generic dance-rap-pop isn't the overwhelming ear-crap of choice for most of our deluded, tasteless population. Just once in a while someone realises, 'Hey, When We Crash by Matt Cardle is really good! He's so unique!'.

Call me Neutral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_
HIBERNIAN FC

Last edited by NeutralFan : 08-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Rate This Thread: