Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
metallikeef

Changing a volume pot with a selector switch

Hi guys

I have a les Paul style guitar with 2 volumes and 2 tone knobs. What I want to do is replace one of the volume or tone pots with a selector switch (unsure which one) so it looks like an esp truckster with 3 knobs and a switch instead of 4 knobs. I am also using emgs. I must stress I am an amateur at moddingtthings like this so any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
metallikeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
james4

do you want the upper (current) switch to not do anything like in the truckster?

if thats the case its fairly simple.. you can follow this diagram, and just apply it to your current setup

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
james4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
metallikeef

Yes I do thanks. Also thinking of doing it to my epiphone explorer when I pay that off at work. IMO I think it looks better. Thanks. Also is there any videos on this? I tried YouTube but I think I might be typing in the wrong thing. It's just that I learn things easier like that. Thank you
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
metallikeef

Yes I do thanks. Also thinking of doing it to my epiphone explorer when I pay that off at work. IMO I think it looks better. Thanks. Also is there any videos on this? I tried YouTube but I think I might be typing in the wrong thing. It's just that I learn things easier like that. Thank you
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
james4

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallikeef

there aren't really videos that I know of, but I haven't really been searching for them.. which part are you hoping to find a video about?

you could try searching things like 'how to change pickups', 'how to solder', 'follow guitar wiring diagram'..stuff like that

what is it you're looking for though?

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
james4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
metallikeef

Just a video of someone doing what I want to do lol

Rate This Thread: