Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  

Old 11-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #5181
Originally Posted by merriman44
What the hell, this sounds like a "X band the sucks really bad shreds."

He sounds awful lol. His sound on albums is certainly not this. I can tell you from the video that what he is doing is very quiet fry.

Yeah, I'm not exactly loving his lows here either. But I'm curious, why do you specifically say its a very quiet fry? Is it impossible to reach that pitch at a medium or loud volume?

Also, most Black Metal vocalists use fry right? (begins at about 00:45)

Last edited by Cheeseshark : 11-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Cheeseshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #5182
I think its quiet because of the surrounding noise. You can tell he is partially "cupping" the mic and you can hear mouth sounds and breath as plain as day. This is a clue in the compressor is clamping down hard. This is also evidenced by how hot the signal sounds (due to overcompression usually used in very quiet vocals).

Of course I could be wrong, but to my ears, its absolutely a quiet little bitch fry (which is totally, absolutely fine to me, go with what sounds good). Range is inconsequential with fry, it depends on your regular range as well as your technique.

He may also be utilizing the Vendara approach which isn't exactly fry but is also pretty quiet.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: