Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
FredMeuh

I give an accoustic guitar (Jay Junior 3/4) so it can continue its trip

Hi folks,

sorry if I don't post in the right forum ...

When travelling this summer on the west coast, because I started playing guitar recently, I bought an accoustic guitar (in Banff) so I can continue to practice. Then I had a silly idea: instead of reselling the guitar to a pawn shop, I decided to give it to someone who will use it and continue to take some pictures of it in cool places. Please see:

https://www.facebook.com/Laissezlaguitarevoyager

The guitar is currently in SF, close to Chinatown and ready to be picked up by anyone willing to continue this project. Please contact me by private message or through the FB page.

Thanks,

--Fred
FredMeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Parab0la09

Great idea Fred... I hope it finds a good home. Who knows, it might come back to you one day.
Parab0la09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
FredMeuh

Thanks for your comment. I hope to find the next owner this week or the guitar will end its life in a dark closet =(
Old 08-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
FredMeuh

Alas, the guitar is disenchanted and wants to leave. I found her hitchhiking this morning along the roadside, suitcase in tow. I asked her where she wanted to go, but she didnít care, so long as it wasnít here. Broken hearted, I had to agree, and so I wished her safe travels but insisted that she mustnít leave in this way. So I promised I would find her another home. If any of you are interested in saving the guitar from Petaluma boredom, please come forward. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/Laissezlaguitarevoyager
Old 09-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
BoyLilikoi

You know I read an article about an idea similar to this. I think it was even going to be made into some documentary or something according to the article.

Someone started a "traveling guitar". Inside the case was the guitar, and a simple recording device. Each new artist would have the guitar for 1 week. They would write and record 1 song with no editing, and then pass the guitar along to another artist they knew. Each artist would also sign the guitar before passing it along.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea to me and the participants really were getting into it. The traveling guitar idea had installments in several different US cities and some in other countries as well.
BoyLilikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
alex.aird.9

Awesome idea Fred and so generous too, will certainly be keeping up to date with the progress on here / facebook
alex.aird.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
FredMeuh

Hi folks,

the guitar is still waiting in Petaluma for its next owner. Anyone willing to participate in this project?

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
rohash

Paying it forward...cool! I hope the guitar finds a happy home. Maybe you can call the project "playing" it forward.

Last edited by rohash : 09-04-2014 at 06:45 PM.
rohash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
FredMeuh

@ BoyLilikoi: Yep, this project is available here:
http://www.theacousticguitarproject.com/

it has been mentioned on reddit too. Not the same concept, but something really cool too.

--Fred
Old 09-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
FredMeuh

The guitar is now in Santa Rosa. 3rd stage. Still looking for new owners to continue this.

Last edited by FredMeuh : 09-21-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Rate This Thread: