Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > 80s Rock, Shred & Progressive
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #61
borneo_music

In the beginning malmsteen was the greatest to me but as time goes by i keep on seeing his only guitar's skills...and never try to improve how to put his guitar sound into a great song. So in the end i leave malmsteen alone. Although slash is not as good as him but he put the guitar souls into the song and it fits perfectly throughout all the guns and roses song.

My Gears
------------
Ibanez AEG10E
Yamaha FG-401
borneo_music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #62
The musician123

Really weird...

I was at practice with some guys I just got together with, and the vocalist and I were having this same arguement.. It was about John Petrucci and Dream Theatre in general but it was pretty much the same thing. Is it better to be technical, or can you literally "feel" a song together from start to finish.

He claimed Dream Theatre never made it further than they did because the average listener gets bored of overly technical music, but I without question, love this type of stuff. You can definetly harness this type of playing and make a song and lyrics with it.

I don't really take what the guy says too seriously. He doesn't play any instrument and this whole arguement took place after I tried to talk to him about simple song structure. This was all just a long way of saying that Malmsteen and neoclassical in general is NOT boring.
The musician123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: