Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 01:46 AM   #4861
Cheeseshark

Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for what exactly to practice after you actually access your false chords? Haven't been able to practice much as I've had a weird soar throat thing the last few days. So I'm trying to plan out exactly what I'm gonna do when I can practice.
Cheeseshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #4862
darktimes1

here's a suggestion but keep in mind I'm no expert on this.

warm up with scales and/or a few random sounds to release tension. some breathing exercises as well;

sing something easy, as in something that's not very high nor very low in range;

when you feel comfortable(emphasis on "feel", most of the time our first screams of the day don't come out very well and may feel somewhat painful/bothersome), engage those false chords and experiment to find your sweet spot and proper range. good way to do this would be to record yourself, hear yourself and find a vocalist amidst your preferences who you might share some mannerisms or tone resemblance, once you find it, give it a shot at emulating its sound;

when you're feeling worn out, look up some cooling off exercises, some feel it unnecessary but eh, it can't possibly harm you, I guess?
when you're done, it's time to stop for the day. remember to stay hydrated.

not sure if it helps but I've always felt Chuck Schuldiner's vocals were quite gnarly. perhaps they were performed with use of one's false chords

Last edited by darktimes1 : Today at 08:45 AM.
darktimes1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: