Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Moose_Guitarist
UG's Only Moose Guitarist

Nashville or Liverpool filtertrons?

hey guys,

I am kinda stuck. I am modifying my Yamaha RGX 121 with entirely new electronics and wiring. I am getting everything from GFS. I am stuck between two different sets of pickups. I want to put filtertrons into the guitar, but im not sure if I want the Nashville's or the Liverpools.

I play a lot of folk,folk rock, alt. country, etc. ex: The Deep Dark Woods, Blue Rodeo, Gordon Lightfoot, City and Colour, Buffalo Springfield, Cuff the Duke, etc.

So, what would be the better choice, if there is one?

also, the page for the pickups: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Nashvil...rome_c_100.html
Moose_Guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
Arab_Philosofer

I have the liverpools I'd say they are most suited to hard rock, but are pretty mild when in parallel.
Arab_Philosofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

You don't want the Liverpool ones because they will probably run off with your wheels.

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

If you want the Filter'Tron tone then don't buy GFS' pickups. They are just regular, underwound humbuckers with H-gate covers and two rows of screw pieces instead of a row of slug pieces.

TV Jones and The Creamery are the only brands that make humbucker-size pickups with actual Filter'Tron construction. I believe Rio Grande used to (or may well still do), too. Fender/Gretsch have their versions but it seems they're actually just regular humbuckers, too.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Moose_Guitarist
UG's Only Moose Guitarist

Thanks for the insight MrFlibble, are there any GFS pickups that would give me a vintage tone? Maybe the dream 90's? or the mean 90's?
Moose_Guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: