Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

I Followed Yall's Advice...

And redid "Dance the Land of the Funky."

I put 2 more of the break parts in, and worked on the guitar mix as per your suggestions. Eq'ed the drums a little better hopefully - again - as per your suggestions.

If you would give it a listen and tell me what you think, I will do one back fer ya!

Be gentle on me. I can't bear to work on this song anymore!!!

https://soundcloud.com/dances-with-...nd-of-the-funky

Thanks and regurgitations,

DWS

Muchos gracias, muchachos modernos!
DancesWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Wattsbo

This sounds much better to me than the last version! I really dig this one a lot. The old version was still good, but this is vastly superior in every way. Sounds like a good soundtrack for driving way too fast, or for a remade awesome 90s video game with live instruments. I don't see the old version on there anymore, what did you change besides the breaks? It's a night and day difference.

Excellent work my good man!
Wattsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Smoke & Mirrors

haha, very unique
you say go easy so my review will be brief
i wouldn't change a thing, the parts are interesting, the recording is good and your mix is spot on. for whatever you're going for i think you're doing it really well...
seems like it was a lot of fun to make
wasn't what i was expecting at all but thought it was kinda funny
really liked the vocals in the back doing the rhyming, the only improvement i could reach for would be to make them clearer, they seem to change every time and i'd like to be able to differenciate them better
well done
thanks for your crit on my music vid
Smoke & Mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsbo
I don't see the old version on there anymore, what did you change besides the breaks? It's a night and day difference.

Excellent work my good man!

Thanks for the review!

I re-EQ'ed the drums and added a second rhythm guitar and panned them left right. Turned down the overall mix and that helped create some separation.

I like your stuff on the cloud - a review from someone with your talents is really appreciated.

DWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke & Mirrors
haha, very unique
you say go easy so my review will be brief
i wouldn't change a thing, the parts are interesting, the recording is good and your mix is spot on. for whatever you're going for i think you're doing it really well...
seems like it was a lot of fun to make
wasn't what i was expecting at all but thought it was kinda funny
really liked the vocals in the back doing the rhyming, the only improvement i could reach for would be to make them clearer, they seem to change every time and i'd like to be able to differenciate them better
well done
thanks for your crit on my music vid

Thanks for your input and for sharing your very nice video...

Last edited by DancesWithSheep : 01-30-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
awesomo41894

I really really like this! as someone else mentioned, this song would be great for driving fast! Itd be awesome to roll down the road listening to this. I really enjoyed it. I have really nothing negative to say. great job man!
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Alright. I heard the fist one. Glad to hear it again! The vocals sound better to me. I don't know what you quite did though.... Still loving the groove and feel. It's a nice and fun song. Not so serious!

Love that little stop thing you did at 1:15. I really dig this man! The guitars and drums are all well done. Very well! I really dig the tone of your voice. I wanna dance to the land of the funky!
Keep it up!
KevinFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
plangentmusic

I like it. Mix wise, I'd go with a little less shaker and a little more bass. Compositionally, where you have the breakdown, @ 1:20, I think a key change would give more of a bridge feel and take the listeners ear away from the tonic for a few seconds, then kick it back in. The hook is catchy but I can't understand the words, which makes it hard to sing along. Minor things, but other than that, nice job.
plangentmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Greendaz

So.. this weird!

In a good way. Everything fits just fine and I've gotta point out that nice voice. If I could say something bad, it would be the kinda repeated beat which starts to feel tiring after awhile. But i've gotta add as well that I'm not a fan of that kind of music so I might just be wrong, don't take my opinion too seriously.
Thanx for your time as well.
Greendaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
ARom22
Art Photographist

Thanks for your comments/compliments, man!

This song is interesting, to say the least. Haha. I'm not finding any flaws, other than I think it might sound a bit fuller if you panned the rhythm guitars a little wider. I think the vocals sound great (and Zappa as hell), the bass sounds stellar, the production is solid, and though the drums are a tad repetitive, they suit the song so I don't see that as a problem. Good work, man! I followed you back, btw

Book of Face
ARom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
BrandonBeaux
Do you even read this?

Ok, some great ideas here. Not digging the "obviously MIDI" drums, perhaps a more real sounding MIDI drum kit? Bass gets lost early and easily in the mix. Instead of the main vocals being so reverb'ed, maybe some distortion. Great guitar work and tone, but this could use some more TLC imo.
Sorry it took so long to reply, busy week

Leave comments and ratings please! With a cherry on top?

me your mom
BrandonBeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #11
fdsaevad

hey man, you used to post on guitarists.net?
fdsaevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaevad
hey man, you used to post on guitarists.net?

I don't think so. Must have been a different handsome talented man...

Rate This Thread: