Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
cocoharley

Questions about Yamaha Classical Guitar CG-100A

I need some help and advice regarding my Yamaha Classical Guitar CG-100A.

I don't know much about guitars and I don't play the guitar. Back in 1998, when I was in Malaysia, I'd wanted to learn to play the guitar. I didn't really know what kind to get or what to look for. One of my friends said that her boyfriend had a guitar that he'd gotten from somebody and had no intention of keeping. She said that he'd sell me the guitar for a good price (I forgot how much I'd paid for it) and I thought it was a good deal at that time (the guitar was in a good condition), so I bought the guitar. I bought a new bag for the guitar too. But of course, after I'd bought the guitar, I just didn't have the time or patience to learn to play. In 1999, I came to the U.S. and I brought the guitar with me, thinking that I'd one day learn to play.

Now, eight years after I'd bought the guitar, I still have not learned to play it. I'm thinking about selling the guitar, but I don't know how much it's worth. I've tried to find information on the Yamaha website, but they don't even have a section for classical guitars. There's very little information about this model online, especially when it comes to the "official" information. I'd thought about selling it on eBay, but I wasn't sure what price to ask for and I wasn't sure how I'd package and ship it.

The guitar is still in pretty good shape, except, of course, the strings probably need to be changed. One of my friends said that guitars like this sound better with age and that my guitar must be a foreign model that's rare in the U.S., so it's probably worth more than I think.

Any advice you may have for me would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by cocoharley : 10-15-2006 at 08:10 PM.
cocoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
TheDecline
Banned

The String? But you should deffenately try to play again. there's a hundred websites that can help you. and you guitar is seriously killer. I used ot have one myself.
TheDecline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
cocoharley

I meant the strings. They're probably as old as the guitar. I've edited my post.

Anyhow, the thing is, my fingers are too short to play a classical guitar with its thicker neck. I know the basic chords and stuff in theory but I had trouble actually playing anything.

I just really broke nowadays and may be relocating (not sure where to) pretty soon - last semester of grad school! I could use the money AND not have another thing to worry about moving.

Do you know how much the original price is or how much you think my guitar is worth?
cocoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
oscar52cycling

Hello, i have the same just like your's! I bought it in 1997 new for $120.00 & still playing it after all these years. It is still in the best of shapes & to tell you honestly the sounds is better on most of popular & expensive classical guitar that i have. I truly love the way it sounds & i think it will be my favorite classical guitar as long as i live... Love my Yamaha CG100A Made in Taiwan.

Last edited by oscar52cycling : 02-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.
oscar52cycling is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: