Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Darth Crow

Show Intro Ideas

Hey guys, I would like to ask for your help, if you don't mind. We (my band) are getting sick of the standard "soundcheck-to-show" starting pattern. On our last show we did kind of a cool thing that we finished the soundcheck, left the stage, changed (only put our suit jackets on, nothing drastic) and came back to the stage. It came out very well, so we were thinking... any good show intro ideas? Mainly, can you suggest a good dramatic orchestral intro song (like many of the big bands use)?

If you can be bothered by listening to it, here is the song we usually begin our shows with:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpXLBD-Spo

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!
Darth Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
eric_wearing
KillerOfIdiocracy

frontman/woman coming from smoke under the ground!...i-if it fit's your music o'course

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
eric_wearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Darth Crow

Ok, thanks, and what about something affordable? We can't really buy our own hydraulic stage ... but it definately would be cool!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
eric_wearing
KillerOfIdiocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Crow
Hey guys, I would like to ask for your help, if you don't mind. We (my band) are getting sick of the standard "soundcheck-to-show" starting pattern. On our last show we did kind of a cool thing that we finished the soundcheck, left the stage, changed (only put our suit jackets on, nothing drastic) and came back to the stage. It came out very well, so we were thinking... any good show intro ideas? Mainly, can you suggest a good dramatic orchestral intro song (like many of the big bands use)?

If you can be bothered by listening to it, here is the song we usually begin our shows with:

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Haha all jokes aside, I'm listening to the song as I am typing this and I didn't expect this quality from the song but yeah, I don't see why you should change this from your intro song. As a guy who has yet to play in front of anyone yet, my ideas come from pure imagination and probably pretty amateur so..here goes:

I imagine your shows are high energy so maybe a quick punk rock-esque "WE'RE SHADOW OF FLAMES AND WE'RE GONNA ROCK YOUR FACES AHF!" then start the song. Idk why but I also imagine you guys doing some sync moves a la Judas Pries and Scorpion but I'm not suggesting it unless it's your thing haha.
Other than my amateurish response, it's mostly up to whatever the craziest thing you and your mates can think of to fit the song. I don't know your stage personas so it'd be cool if I could see a show (if you have one taped, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
eric_wearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Darth Crow

First off, thanks very much for the nice words many people say that our songs are very good but sadly it doesn't mean too much in the greater scheme of things It's really hard to pick up a label here in Slovakia...

About those ideas... what I had in mind was more like the kind of intro Metallica does... you know, that Ecstasy of Gold intro and then the first song. Something that would include us not being on the stage the whole time since soundcheck. If you have never heard it, just head over to youtube and play any show of theirs...

As for show videos, sadly I don't think we have anything online, though we try to tape as much as possible, even if only with a small camera... but we tend to have a pretty good time onstage, Priest-like synced moves are a must but at the same time, we don't do that Angus Young kind of craziness anymore
Old 08-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Improv intro on the keyboard and then later add some guitar, basically make it sound like a prog band from the 70's and then go into the song with a simple transition :P
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
will42
UG's bassoon-master

My band used to open with a different piece of video game music at each show. We did legend of zelda music, smash bros music, mario music, even music from mother 3 (that was always my favorite). Then the singer would come onstage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
will42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: