Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-14-2015, 02:37 PM   #3721
Serotonite

Okay, imaginary band that I want to set up in future, sorry if that's bending the rules but it would go with the fairly typical two Guitars+Bass+Drums formula with some WILD violin(s) thrown in as well. Mainly acoustic, but would probably want to adapt and branch out into other sounds cause...all good bands do.

Anyway, my current ideas or 'String theory' (Drums hardly count as a legitimate instrument) 'The whiskey monologues' (stole it from my friend) 'The creaky floorboards' (aren't I just so creative and funny?) 'Republic of Mancunia' (It's on my favourite T-Shirt) and 'Indoor picnic' (it always rains here).

They're all terrible so probably need suggestions, but tell me which one makes you cringe the least.
Serotonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:16 AM   #3722
gavinmcnair35

How do you guys feel about the band name "Laurel Avenue" for an indie rock band?
gavinmcnair35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #3723
Serotonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinmcnair35
How do you guys feel about the band name "Laurel Avenue" for an indie rock band?

If a band called Laurel Avenue produced fantastic indie music then I guess I would associate the name with good songs and I'd like it. If a band called Laurel Avenue produced ear-grating music I might from then on take a 2 hour detour on my journey to work just to avoid walking down Laurel Avenue.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:27 PM   #3724
GS LEAD 5

So I have a prog metal/rock act, and not too sure what to name it.

Most of our songs are heavy, but straightforward minor scale, sometimes moody, with the odd bit of zaniness or weirdness thrown in here and there. Think Disturbed meets Porcupine Tree meets Arch Enemy.

https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/improv25
https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmi...-groove66666666

These two are early tracks, but they give a good idea of how the "heavy" bits sound like. Imagine riffing like this with some Scale the Summit style leads/Porcupine Tree style clean/Ambient sections.

What do you guys suggest?

I was thinking of "Waters of Eternity", "Fortress" and "Big Fat Pug", only in Latin (acc to google translate) so "Magnum Pug".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotonite
Okay, imaginary band that I want to set up in future, sorry if that's bending the rules but it would go with the fairly typical two Guitars+Bass+Drums formula with some WILD violin(s) thrown in as well. Mainly acoustic, but would probably want to adapt and branch out into other sounds cause...all good bands do.

Anyway, my current ideas or 'String theory' (Drums hardly count as a legitimate instrument) 'The whiskey monologues' (stole it from my friend) 'The creaky floorboards' (aren't I just so creative and funny?) 'Republic of Mancunia' (It's on my favourite T-Shirt) and 'Indoor picnic' (it always rains here).

They're all terrible so probably need suggestions, but tell me which one makes you cringe the least.

How about "Frayed Strings of Fate"?
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.

Last edited by GS LEAD 5 : 09-20-2015 at 10:30 PM.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #3725
Luke Humphrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinmcnair35

Sounds a good name to me
Luke Humphrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #3726
GabeGamboa

So,i have a band and the genre is mainly metalcore/post hardcore and some pop punk
we have thought of some name aaand right now we like these ones
Your Favourite Lie(yes, british spelling, it looks better than favorite)
Where The Shadows Lie
One Last Kiss
Long Gone Broken
Fora(after a a spelling mistake on a reddit thread someone said this would make a good band name)
GabeGamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #3727
Serotonite

Update, I met a guitarist whose name is Quigley. So we are now officially the Quigleberries or possibly three little Quigs or Quigleberry club...
Old 02-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #3728
viennasunsetb

It seems to be a 'cool' thing to have a one-word band name - like 'Ocean' or something.
viennasunsetb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: