Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #241
corrda00
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinton reed
i'm new here how do I learn how to play tableture for guitar

The strings are in order like they are on your guitar. The frett is the number.
Its pretty simple. The only thing is you need to listen to the song first to know the rythm cause tab only gives you the notes.

Sometimes though if you use tab programs like Guitar Pro or Powertab you get rythms written in along with the tab, in which case you just stick to the rythms written. Some guitar books do this too.

Overall thats pretty much it. I would suggest learning standard notation and chord charts before tabs though. Its hard to go back once you start tab, and standard notation is more useful in the long run.

My Compositions:
Roots (Prog Metal)
New Tuning (Prog Metal)
Sexy Riff (Pop Rock)
corrda00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #242
fr33fl0w
guitaronfire

can someone please do something about this tab? i'm not really good in composing nor have any ideas bout music theories, and i think i will like it more if someone do it rather than me , thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 2.gp5 (8.6 KB, 69 views)
fr33fl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #243
Rossielle

i begun to write a song,but i need some help to continue it.can someone give some help?
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 forgotten.gp5 (17.8 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Rossielle : 02-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Rossielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #244
Vuge213

So I've been struggling with this one for a while.Could someone please help with the drum and bass part.Perhaps give some ideas on how to lead verse B into chorus B(Bar 68 - 69).Any help will be appreciated...really,anything.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx F# Aeolian.gpx (45.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #245
TujAuS

Alright.. I'll start off by telling you guys that my music theory knowledge is really low. Okay.. so I did this song for my band so we have some stuff to practise and because of that, this song is supposed to be easy(Our band skill level is quite low).

After listening for few times, some parts sounds kinda dull. I need some help to spice things up without making it too difficult. Especially the rhytm guitar need some fiddling

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Song4.gp5 (31.9 KB, 77 views)
TujAuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #246
tjpokomo

tjpokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #247
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossielle
i begun to write a song,but i need some help to continue it.can someone give some help?

You need more of a vision of what you expect the song to be. What is it meant to be about?

I listened to it before realizing it wasn't much of a song but a repetitive and simple chord progression. Build on that chord progression with a melody playing over top. Give it rhythm. Or change the next section to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TujAuS
Alright.. I'll start off by telling you guys that my music theory knowledge is really low. Okay.. so I did this song for my band so we have some stuff to practise and because of that, this song is supposed to be easy(Our band skill level is quite low).

After listening for few times, some parts sounds kinda dull. I need some help to spice things up without making it too difficult. Especially the rhytm guitar need some fiddling

Thanks

I listened to the song a few times and even played along. Let me tell you my impression first: I think it sounds fine the way it is. At first, I thought it the sections changed up a bit much going from nice happy melodic to metal back to happy melodic. I was like "Ooookay what's going on here, it doesn't make sense." But when I gave it a few more listens I realize it actually flowed nicely back to the beginning.

Now, to help, if the song is to remain easy/not too difficult, it should remain the way it is. You have a solo section, even a call/response section, you have arpeggiations, and you have (yes, simple) rhythmic progression. Truthfully, I don't see any way to spice it up.

Hope that helps.

We're all alright!

Last edited by Mathedes : 07-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Mathedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #248
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Hey guys and gals. I'm new at songwriting (been playing for 3-4 years, though) and I'm having trouble with an instrumental I'm creating. Put two random riffs together that I made up in the past year or so and an idea to make a song popped into my head. I want it to be a 3-part instrumental.

Part 1 = impending/approaching storm/thunderstorm/ominous clouds/etc that will lead up to the storm. Starts off with the acoustic section and I'm having difficulty building it up (I'm looking at Metallica's "Call Of Ktulu" for a little help).

That's all I'm working on for now, but just so you guys know where I'm headed:

Part 2 = "The Eye (of the storm)," indicative of a lull in the song/tempo
Part 3 = the end/death/drowning/sinking of a ship (the distorted section of the GP file)

Any other ideas for the intro? Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Instrumental.gp5 (26.0 KB, 72 views)

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route

Last edited by jhalterman : 09-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.
jhalterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #249
phantom_lord586

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalterman
Hey guys and gals. I'm new at songwriting (been playing for 3-4 years, though) and I'm having trouble with an instrumental I'm creating. Put two random riffs together that I made up in the past year or so and an idea to make a song popped into my head. I want it to be a 3-part instrumental.

Part 1 = impending/approaching storm/thunderstorm/ominous clouds/etc that will lead up to the storm. Starts off with the acoustic section and I'm having difficulty building it up (I'm looking at Metallica's "Call Of Ktulu" for a little help).

That's all I'm working on for now, but just so you guys know where I'm headed:

Part 2 = "The Eye (of the storm)," indicative of a lull in the song/tempo
Part 3 = the end/death/drowning/sinking of a ship (the distorted section of the GP file)

Any other ideas for the intro? Thanks in advance!

Well the reason it might sound off could be because it doesn't really shift keys from D to F# it kind of just goes there. I know you might not want to hear this but the main melody sounds a tiny bit like the 2nd solo in Fade to Black.

Maybe if you changed the main melody to the key of D it would flow more, or have a fingerpicking passage that leads it into the key of F#.
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume
  • Boss DM-2 analogue delay

My Last.FM page

The UPROAR My music blog/webzine.
phantom_lord586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #250
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_lord586
Well the reason it might sound off could be because it doesn't really shift keys from D to F# it kind of just goes there. I know you might not want to hear this but the main melody sounds a tiny bit like the 2nd solo in Fade to Black.

Maybe if you changed the main melody to the key of D it would flow more, or have a fingerpicking passage that leads it into the key of F#.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I was only focusing on the beginning section (in D) of file (the acoustic part with the three power chords). The section in F# was "part 3." This acoustic piece is "part 1" and is what I need a little help with.

Also, the first measure and a half of part 3 sounds a bit like the 2nd solo, but it doesn't have the same effect so I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
jhalterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #251
Jake P

Hi everyone- I'm new to the forum, which from what I've seen is excellent. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I decided I would try to write something.This is what I have so far.

Measure 1 seems like it would be an intro or maybe a pre-chorus. It was originally different (a scale with pedal notes). However, it didn't seem quite right so I changed it.

Measures 2-5 feel like they belong in the chorus- I think that this was subconsciously inspired by the verse rhythm to The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.

Measure 6, I would think, belongs in a bridge section. Again, I referred to one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters, and their use of ascending octaves (My Hero, Everlong). Looking back on the whole experience, I definitely intended to create something in the vein of Foo Fighters, with maybe some Nirvana, Green Day, and Bush thrown in the mix. I can't seem to get any inspiration for a verse (arpeggios maybe?) or a solo unfortunately.

I chose C major for the key- commonly thought to be the happiest-sounding key. Coincidentally, Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters is also in C. I also really like the solo in that song.

The chord progression is I VI IV V- the same as Boston's More Than a Feeling.

As far as feelings or emotions I want the song to have, I guess I would say "energetic" or "upbeat".

What I'm looking for is any help turning the measures into a coherent, cohesive piece. I would also appreciate it if someone could add drum and bass tracks, and any other instruments that might seem appropriate.

Lastly, the only guitar program that I have is TuxGuitar, so please include the revised file in that format.

Thanks,

Jake
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 WIP 1.gp5 (2.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Jake P : 06-06-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Jake P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #252
jld8111
Juicy J changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake P
Hi everyone- I'm new to the forum, which from what I've seen is excellent. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I decided I would try to write something.This is what I have so far.

Measure 1 seems like it would be an intro or maybe a pre-chorus. It was originally different (a scale with pedal notes). However, it didn't seem quite right so I changed it.

Measures 2-5 feel like they belong in the chorus- I think that this was subconsciously inspired by the verse rhythm to The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.

Measure 6, I would think, belongs in a bridge section. Again, I referred to one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters, and their use of ascending octaves (My Hero, Everlong). Looking back on the whole experience, I definitely intended to create something in the vein of Foo Fighters, with maybe some Nirvana, Green Day, and Bush thrown in the mix. I can't seem to get any inspiration for a verse (arpeggios maybe?) or a solo unfortunately.

I chose C major for the key- commonly thought to be the happiest-sounding key. Coincidentally, Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters is also in C. I also really like the solo in that song.

The chord progression is I VI IV V- the same as Boston's More Than a Feeling.

As far as feelings or emotions I want the song to have, I guess I would say "energetic" or "upbeat".

What I'm looking for is any help turning the measures into a coherent, cohesive piece. I would also appreciate it if someone could add drum and bass tracks, and any other instruments that might seem appropriate.

Lastly, the only guitar program that I have is TuxGuitar, so please include the revised file in that format.

Thanks,

Jake

I fiddled with this for like 5 minutes. I think the little riff would sound a little more interesting the way I put it but its all up to you. lol
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 UG GUYS THING.gp5 (5.9 KB, 39 views)

Behemoth

Strides

HERE
jld8111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #253
Celestial4

want some ideas for song.
Celestial4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #254
Celestial4

Idea for a song.
Celestial4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #255
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial4
want some ideas for song.

You'll have to be more specific. Unless you want someone to literally start a song for you, in which case you're SOL.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #256
jjfeu662
Celestia

Made this guitar solo on TuxGuitar. I'm guessing power metal, but would probably be followed by chuggy doom riff. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: gp3 Power Metal Solo.gp3 (3.0 KB, 34 views)
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #257
Pottor
Banned

Thumbs up Immigration experts

Immigration Overseas provides online immigration services
and consultancy, Now it's time to relax, talk to our
Immigration experts and find Best Immigration Consultants In India.

Immigration Overseas
Immigration expert
Immigration Consultants
Immigration

Last edited by Pottor : 09-26-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Pottor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #258
odigmaonline48
Banned

Classicpolo is one of the best brands for exclusive collections . you can Buy shirts online, buy t-shirts online ,buy formal shirts online from our store @classicpolos.com. we have widest range of collections. you can choose the best pants . Buy pants online and Buy trousers online from the store at best price
odigmaonline48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #259
BenderChose

Hi guys i need two songs for guitarPro programs, its R.E.M-Until the day is done and The National- About Today. Thanks for you time.
BenderChose is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: