Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
gquady09

Strange MIDI issue in GP 5.2

As the title says, I have a strange issue when trying to use Guitar Pro 5.2. I have Windows 8.1 (64-bit), and yesterday when I opened up a tab file, no sound was coming through my headphones. I checked all the usual things: computer volume wasn't muted, headphones plugged in firmly, etc.

I went to the MIDI/RSE setup menu to see if it was an input issue. Sure enough, under "MIDI Output device", it was set to "none". The strange thing is, I can't find the option for the usual Output selection (Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth).

As recently as Monday, it was working perfectly. Has anyone else had this issue at all? If so, any ideas how to rectify the situation? Thanks!

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
gquady09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
gasleak
UG's only guitarist

I'm having the same issue, it was working well until the update to 8.1.
I've tried to install drivers but none work, I've tried to even update to GP6 but that doesn't work either.
There are no MIDI devices as stock with Windows 8.1, what should we do in this respect?
It's put my music project on hold as I use GP as virtual drums, please help.

Thanks
Sean
And I still do.

My band needs a singer!
gasleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Drapte

Upgrade to W7
Old 02-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #4
gquady09

Update: I found a driver that works quite well. Google VirtualMIDISynth, and that takes you to a program which allows you to use a variety of different "Sound Fonts". These Sound Fonts are quite a bit more detailed than the stock MIDI engine that came with Windows. Most of them allow you to actually use the Chorus/Reverb/Phaser effects, and the MIDI patches are much better. Hope this helps!

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
gquady09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: