Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Adjusting the Intonation on a Floyd Rose

Yesterday I switched from 10-46's in E down to 11-54's in D. I've noticed that for a while the intonation on my guitar has been pretty damn close on nearly all strings, and on the ones that it was off on it was only by a few cents. Now that I'm down in D standard, I'd like to set it up real nice, and I know how to do all of it except for the intonation.

From what I understand, I need to loosen the tension on all strings significantly, and then use an allen wrench to adjust it by the bridge? Do I need to loosen the tension or can I just push the string aside/Bend down on the Floyd Rose while I do so?

Also, I've noticed that I now have some string buzz on the lower strings. I know it's just adjusting the side screws, but I've heard that to avoid damaging the knife edges that I should loosen the strings as well. Is this true?

Cheers guys!

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky : 02-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
StrykVladzimsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
miio

miio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Thanks, mate! Rather obvious, I know, but I wanted to see if anyone had any better inside knowledge. It's getting me on the right track for sure.

StrykVladzimsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: