Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
GuitarNewb77
14 year old guitar newb

Having trouble finding band members...

I don't know if this is really the right category to put this in, but here goes.
I'm 14 years old, a freshman, and I can't seem to find people to form a band with. I've been trying to start a band for a long time and only recently have I found other people that are into the same kind of music I'm into. So far, It's just me and one other guitarist. Me and my best friend were on the phone the other day and we started talking music and stuff, and he talked about how he thought bass was cool so I told him he should learn it. He's into sports and stuff though, maybe I'm being selfish or pushy. But he said it sounded cool and he'd look into it. So, if he decides to learn bass, that's three members. We still need atleast one singer and one drummer. It seems like everyone plays guitar but no one plays bass, drums, or sings. Anyways, how can I find these band members? I thought about putting an ad looking for musicians in the local secondhand paper, which people sometimes do, but I'd probably end up getting a bunch of creepy old guys. No offence, creepy old guys . Playing with my uncle, grandpa, guitar teacher, etc. is cool but I need people my age.
GuitarNewb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Blackst4r
in Gibson we trust

You´ve answered your own question......put in an add in the paper or on the wall of your local music store/guitar shop. Remember, your starting the band and you can choose to include exactly what and who you like!!

WANTED

Drummer and Bassist for doom band
ages-15-20
you need to have your own intstrument and a basic knowledge on how to play!!!
Must live in bay area
we practice on Sunday´s in my garage
musical interests: graveyard, slipknot, etc.

or just find another band to join...probably the same way. That´s a good way of getting out of your own comfort zone when it comes to playing cause your possibly going to have to play other styles of music....and possibly with older musicians that you might learn a thing or two from ;-)

//a creepy old guy

p.s. were tight on musicians in my town so my band has ranged from age 46 to 19.....we´re all pretty sure that the coolest guy ever was our extra drummer that we had this summer who´s 46 ;-)
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
dannydawiz
Danny Gomez

Do not underestimate social media. No really the advertisement was as good idea but Facebook is the ultimate marketing plan. Find someone with drums, vocals, and bass as their interests that are 14 years old and live in around your area.
dannydawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
cdgraves

Is there not Craigslist where you live?
cdgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Facebook and Twitter are your friends, man.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
GuitarNewb77
14 year old guitar newb

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry I haven't been able to check this thread...
GuitarNewb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #7
queenofthenight

Do you have a school paper you could put an ad in? What about other area high schools? Any of them have school papers?
Old 10-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #8
20Tigers

Moved to Bandleading sub forum...

Rate This Thread: