Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #1281
nvzhi34
Banned

nvzhi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #1282
AlThOr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Is it just me, or is "Land Of Snow And Sorrow" the best song on ptI? I mean, dat chorus. Dat drop-Bb chug. Dat interlude halfway through. But mostly dat chorus.

Not just you. Vocal lines, lead guitars, riffs, heaviness, everything is perfect. I will post a tab of this song (50% done)
AlThOr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1283
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Actually, now I can't make up my mind. "Sons Of Winter And Stars" has some great melodies, and the title track... The intro riff is awesome, but the part from about 5:20 to the solo is a trip. The way it goes back into a sort of ambient-metal feel, it's just so different from the rest of the album. Devin Townsend would approve. And both the interludes are great, so that's the whole album, and now I'm back to being completely clueless.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #1284
metalmike7159
Fatal Tragedy

Nice to see this thread (I haven't been to UG forums in years, it's nice to be back). Anyway, I did a cover of "Beyond the Dark Sun" a few years ago. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvNq...9Ui1IlA&index=8

I love Time I. Honestly I think the title track is now my favorite song. Especially the clean-growl vocal pattern in the middle part of the song "You want so much from me..."
metalmike7159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #1285
metalmike7159
Fatal Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam b
I find it hard to believe that's a completely "live" version as it says

Sounds studio to me (more to the point of it just being exceptional live playing)

EDIT: Yeah, especially listening to the clean vocals (6:20)

No way is that live, all the layering It's a video over the studio version

It's studio quality because they're...playing live in a studio. The orchestrations (which include some little backing-vocal snippets) are a backing track, this is exactly how they do it live.
metalmike7159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #1286
chrisg7
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike7159
It's studio quality because they're...playing live in a studio. The orchestrations (which include some little backing-vocal snippets) are a backing track, this is exactly how they do it live.

+1

You can hear occasional guitar feedback if you listen closely
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
chrisg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1287
Anthropocentric
Banned

Unfortunately I did not like Time I. I thought there were way too many overdubs. I also was not happy with them putting out a 40 minute album after almost 10 years of waiting. I'm not too thrilled either how Time II won't be released till next year and with their track record, it could be another 5 till they release it. Did Jari really need to quit Ensiferum?
Anthropocentric is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: