Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Alphaform

What Pedals Needed?

So I've been getting into lorts of Santana recently, and I'll also be covering 'smooth' at a gig, problem is my rig is an AC30 and a US Standard Strat.

Can anyone help me achieve this Santana sound? What pedals would I need - what would get me really close to sounding like this with a strat and an ac30?

Since I'm not rich and can't afford hundreds of pedals, if you could recommend maybe one that would get me really close in case I am to just get one. I'm thinking if I were to get just one it'd be some kind of distortion pedal (the new crunchbox is out, I was also looking at the new lovepedal provalve or the suhr riot). I'll probably be pruchasing from here since these guys have this sort of equipment..

http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/

Budget for a single pedal $200ish

ONE thing that is REALLY important is that I'll need SUSTAIN. A strat with an AC30 has such little sustain, also perhaps a noise suppressor to make it sound more humbucker-esque? I'm really unsure, cheers guys

Last edited by Alphaform : 03-30-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Alphaform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
iwannabesedated
UG's King Sombra

You probably don't need that much. A good tube screamer will probably do you fine.

I know in the past he used a Big Muff too, so maybe grab one? You can buy both for under $200.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Alphaform

I have an SD-1 which basically is a tube-screamer and I'm really not liking the tone thats coming through with it, I barely use my SD-1.

Maybe I'm using it wrong..? Hahaha
Alphaform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser

you're in melbourne yeah? have you had a look on melband for anything second-hand?

and i'd recommend a triangle muff clone - santana used one early on. it's a lot different to the big muff sold today. i know a guy in doncaster who builds an awesome one if you want me to put you onto him.

or hell, i know burgs. have a look through his demos and see if there's anything you like, and i'll hit him up and ask him if he's looking to shift it.

UG's Best Small Pedalboard 2013

Last edited by NakedInTheRain : 03-30-2013 at 07:06 PM.
NakedInTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: