Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNA
lol well I wouldn't say douchebags. They do help on occasion, and I can't blame them for not wanting to help after we get off stage. I know I'd much rather be hanging with fans right after than making trips to the car. It's the life of a drummer and I have to accept it.

What about situations where there's a band playing after you?
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
baytall79

I mainly have only two jam buddies and they cruise to my house where the kit is. I play mainly guitar but felt like dabbling with drums so I just sourced a cheap kit on craigslist to refinish as a little winter side project.

I mainly wanted it so that anyone who dabbled better than myself can go at it during jam sessions. So as an avid drum-noodler I'd have to say that lugging heavy duty stands everywhere would suck big time. But at the same time we knew this when started peicing our kits together right? No right answer here... so that means there should be room for compromise :-)

Also... I've heard of people grabbing used junior-sized kits just for ease of transport. I see them on craigslist for $100 all the time. Some decent heads and your cymbals and off you go. Probably all fit in a standard car trunk too! I've seen some posts on Youtube that don't sound half bad. But check for yourself because I can't tune drums worth a damn lol! Not yet anyways.
baytall79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: