Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 01:48 AM   #39101
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
a piece of sand paper in the 'f' hole.

yer into some kinky shit man, i bet she complained about that one.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:48 AM   #39102
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Anyone have to deal with GC customer care?

I bought a used guitar that wasn't in the condition they said it was in... I paid more for one in in my second choice paint and "excellent" condition rather than my favorite color in "good".

Love the guitar but is has some stuff that needs taken care of.

Speaking the customer care guy he said they could bring up to "excellent" condition or give me difference in money between this and the "good" one.

I said **** it and ordered the "good" one knowing I can return it in 30 days. They labeled it wrong, much cheaper trim level. I was thinking I'd never have a thought about what if I had bought the "other one?". Aside from the wrong trim level this one was in better shape, minus a chip in the wing of the v.

I informed them of that and now it sounds like the initial offers might be off of the table.

I'd be happy to get pro-coverage or whatever incase the paint at the binding were to crack more. Peace of mind for later down the road if anything should happen.

The guy wants me to take it in and have it inspected.... this is the problem I have though- I've never met a GC guy that was an actual guitar tech. Sure some of them play but they are salesmen.

I've been nice and pleasant so far in speaking with them, showing e-mails. I'm 2 for 2 in being misrepresented for what was advertised. I'm not too upset, its a used guitar after all.

Anyone had any luck working with them on gear being misrepresented? New or used?

I've only beat them up at the store level before when they tried stiffing me accessories that should have come with it new.

Edit- thought about returning both but I love the way the first one plays. Some dipshit put some homemade strap locks and got rid of the strap stock buttons, leaving a 2 inch buckle thing so I'd have to change hardware to even put a strap on the guitar.

Not a big deal.

The paint crack at the neck binding is the part I am a little concern about. I'd hate to have it get worse. I just looked at it under the magnifying glass and it doesn't appear to have the fingerboard lifting at all. I'd seal it up with clear touch up paint to prevent moisture from getting in there and degrading the glues.

i have received two instruments from GC used. the fist was an ibanez prestige that had a retrofitted Jackson (NOT IBANEZ) licensed trem. i am like what the ****. i return it, lose the shipping, and then i got another, paid $50 more (incl shipping) and i got one that supposedly the tremolo arm was missing and the jack is so ****ed that it doesn't stay in the socket. i just got another jack, but still $10 for switchcraft shipped. regardless of that it didn't match phiysical apperance.

pain in the ass.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 AM   #39103
mmolteratx
UG God

So, uh, WTF is up with new agers and crystals? A girl I went to high school with has been all about that shit the last week and I have no idea what she's on about. Apparently crystals are like a magic panacea for all problems for everyone into new age shit, and it's making stoned Matt laugh.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:03 AM   #39104
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbilicious
yer into some kinky shit man, i bet she complained about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
i have received two instruments from GC used. the fist was an ibanez prestige that had a retrofitted Jackson (NOT IBANEZ) licensed trem. i am like what the ****. i return it, lose the shipping, and then i got another, paid $50 more (incl shipping) and i got one that supposedly the tremolo arm was missing and the jack is so ****ed that it doesn't stay in the socket. i just got another jack, but still $10 for switchcraft shipped. regardless of that it didn't match phiysical apperance.

pain in the ass.

It is a pain in the ass. I can't believe(actually I can) that they mislabeled the second one so badly. I'm out shipping on that one. Don't give a shit really, $25was worth knowing that I got the best used one they had.

On another note I saw BB King last night at the house of blues in downtown disney. Ate there before hand and got comped front of the line passes since they screwed us over waiting for food. Managed to upgrade to balcony seats from general admission(wasn't cheap) but the wife is pregnant and didn't want to stand anymore. $50 of the ticket went to food so I had some drinks The old man still has it at 88.

Last edited by R45VT : Today at 02:08 AM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #39105
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmolteratx
So, uh, WTF is up with new agers and crystals? A girl I went to high school with has been all about that shit the last week and I have no idea what she's on about. Apparently crystals are like a magic panacea for all problems for everyone into new age shit, and it's making stoned Matt laugh.

Ah-yup.

I design jewelry, collect minerals of all kinds used to live in Austin...and have some Wiccan pals. So I have gotten a big dose of crystal mysticism in my life. Seems pretty goofy to me.

Then again, I'm Catholic.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #39106
mmolteratx
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Ah-yup.

I design jewelry, collect minerals of all kinds used to live in Austin...and have some Wiccan pals. So I have gotten a big dose of crystal mysticism in my life. Seems pretty goofy to me.

Then again, I'm Catholic.

Well, the thing is, most religions tend to make claims that really can't be tested one way or the other. I think they're goofy, but I can't really fault anyone for believing what they believe, for the most part. This crystal shit is easily falsifiable, and has been debunked loads of times from what I've read, and yet people still jump all over it. New agers are stupid. Really not a surprise that this chick got into that shit, considering she was probably one of the stupidest people I ever met. I guess she's into all that spirit science crap that involves abusing ideas in quantum mechanics as well, and that shit really hurts to read or listen to.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:01 AM   #39107
DeathByDestroyr
not autistic

****ing hippies dude. They hear something that sounds all mystical-like and just eat it up.
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #39108
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
This crystal shit is easily falsifiable,

MOST of it is, no question. I don't believe a word of it.

But it gets harder (though not impossible) to do that with people's perceptions. For instance, at one gem show, one of my Wiccan pals picked up a large shard of kyanite and reacted as if she had received a shock. She bought it, so apparently, this was a good thing.

FWIW, it wasn't even the best specimen of kyanite there, IMHO.

Now, I can say whatever I want about the power of suggestion & self-fulfilling prophecies, etc., but she didn't react that way to any other kyanite, to any other crystal of any kind that she handled.

So, what did she react to? She wasn't putting on a show for me- she'd known me long enough to know that wouldn't convince me of jack.

Something she perceived about that rock caused a strong physical reaction...probably an artifact of her beliefs. But to convince her of that would be virtually impossible. How do you convince someone that the physical reaction they had was, essentially, psychosomatic?

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : Today at 03:56 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:13 AM   #39109
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Oooh, shiny shiny!!
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A