Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > 80s Rock, Shred & Progressive
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Sweetea

Help me ID this guitarist

I am dating someone that played in an 80s Rock Band. He will not disclose the band. He says they are very well known. He said he had his dream and blew it. I am assuming he must have gotten too mixed up with drugs or something and got booted. It is definitely a sore subject for him. But it is driving me crazy. His house is full of 80s rock memorabilia, most of which is signed. He has taken me to concerts and knows several lead guitarists and always ends up back stage chatting like they were long lost friends. On the wall of his house he has 8 guitars that he used to play when he was in the band. They are sacred....you can tell. He also will not play any guitar right now...it is like he is afraid of them. He also has a picture displayed in his house which I am assuming was back in the day and he has died blond hair. Any suggestions on how to figure this out? I have searched his name all over the internet and there is nothing with his real name.

Last edited by Sweetea : 06-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Sweetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
teleobrien

Were gonna need a bit more information, what do the guitars look like? brands? what guitarists is he friends with? can you post the picture from "back in the day"?
teleobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
GregoryFrus

Yeah....I'm curious.
GregoryFrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
JohnProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetea
I am dating someone that played in an 80s Rock Band. He will not disclose the band. He says they are very well known. He said he had his dream and blew it. I am assuming he must have gotten too mixed up with drugs or something and got booted. It is definitely a sore subject for him. But it is driving me crazy. His house is full of 80s rock memorabilia, most of which is signed. He has taken me to concerts and knows several lead guitarists and always ends up back stage chatting like they were long lost friends. On the wall of his house he has 8 guitars that he used to play when he was in the band. They are sacred....you can tell. He also will not play any guitar right now...it is like he is afraid of them. He also has a picture displayed in his house which I am assuming was back in the day and he has died blond hair. Any suggestions on how to figure this out? I have searched his name all over the internet and there is nothing with his real name.

its clearly CC Deville....everyone knows that his hair got sick and died
JohnProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetea
I have searched his name all over the internet and there is nothing with his real name.

How about telling us his name so we can see if we recognise it. What you've said so far could describe 1,000s of guitarists out there!
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Or, and this is going to sound crazy, try respecting his wishes and not doing this? Clearly it's a sensitive thing so don't push it; you'll find out when he's good and ready.

... Why the fuck am I giving relationship advice in the shred forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #7
Powerslave1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Or, and this is going to sound crazy, try respecting his wishes and not doing this? Clearly it's a sensitive thing so don't push it; you'll find out when he's good and ready.

... Why the fuck am I giving relationship advice in the shred forum?

Hahahahaha dude this answer is perfect. Shut down this thread.

Plus I have a feeling the original poster is a troll. It's been about 6 weeks and still nothing...
Powerslave1724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: