Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Pressthepig

Help me out, I'm close

So I've been trying to learn how to recognize notes by their pitch. I've been trying to figure out some simple songs, and I think I'm pretty close with this one. I'm positive that its not exact, but I think it works well enough. The ones with the ? are the ones that I'm not so sure about. All the others I think work. The chorus is dodgy, and thats where I need the most help.

Nick Allbrook (Allbrook Avery) The Man's Not Me (Fat Shan Records, Friday I'm In Love 9) - YouTube

Code:
C I always thought you were too beautiful G Thats why I never did you wrong F I cannot say this to your face still C Thats why I hope you listen to this song Dm When you left you were my baby Em? I was always no fun Dm? Thats why I kept on acting crazy, making you lazy, making you old C? When all you needed to be was young Dm Why why why why C would a picture make me cry Dm you wanted love C but I'm not that guy Dm please please please C don't be cruel to me Dm C you wanted to live Dm C but now you see Dm C the mans not me C Now I'm staring at a photo G Of you with a gorgeous French dream F I bet you touch each others bodies C I bet the passion made you scream Dm Does he give you coke and paint your picture Em? In a little appartment by the sea Dm? Do you always talk about the boring skinny **** C? The one your never gonna see again Dm Why why why why C would a picture make me cry Dm you wanted love C but I'm not that guy Dm please please please C don't be cruel to me Dm C you wanted to live Dm C but now you see Dm C the mans not me interlude Dm Why why why why C would a picture make me cry Dm you wanted love C but I'm not that guy Dm please please please C don't be cruel to me Dm C you wanted to live Dm C but now you see Dm C the mans not me Dm Why why why why C would a picture make me cry Dm you wanted love C but I'm not that guy Dm please please please C don't be cruel to me Dm C you wanted to live Dm C but now you see Dm C the mans not me Dm C but now you see Dm C the man's not me Dm C the man's not me Dm C the man's not me
Pressthepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
peteinfl

"Fat Shan Records" Are they in the US? Dude, check out this UK band called the Doves, "Sky Starts Falling" Much better quality and feeling????
peteinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Pressthepig

Nah, they're from Australia.

I've heard of Doves before, they've got some good tunes. My favorites are: Pounding, The Cedar Room, and There Goes the Fear.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
DON CZARSKI

I tried your chords and they work for me..Even the ones with the ?.... you have a few misplaced chords above the words in a few spots maybe two or three....and in one part you have one too many chords which is just probably an oversight on your part..... Go over it one more time and you should see where the misplaced chords are and the one extra that does not belong..... but all in all it is correct and ready to post....great job!!!!!

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 04-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Pressthepig

Heres a revised version. I still have to check it one more time, but I'll submit it later tonight.

Code:
C I always thought you were too beautiful G Thats why I never did you wrong F I cannot say this to your face still C Thats why I hope you listen to this song Dm When you left you were my baby G I was always no fun F Thats why I kept on acting crazy, making you lazy, making you old C When all you needed to be was young Em Why why why why Dm would a picture make me cry Em Dm you wanted love F C but I'm not that guy Em please please please C don't be cruel to me Em Dm you wanted to live F C but now you see F C the mans not me C Now I'm staring at a photo G Of you with a gorgeous French dream F I bet you touch each others bodies C I bet the passion made you scream Dm Does he give you coke and paint your picture G In a little appartment by the sea F Do you always talk about the boring skinny **** C The one your never gonna see again Em Why why why why Dm would a picture make me cry Em Dm you wanted love F C but I'm not that guy Em please please please C don't be cruel to me Em Dm you wanted to live F C but now you see F C the mans not me interlude Em Why why why why Dm would a picture make me cry Em Dm you wanted love F C but I'm not that guy Em please please please C don't be cruel to me Em Dm you wanted to live F C but now you see F C the mans not me Em Why why why why Dm would a picture make me cry Em Dm you wanted love F C but I'm not that guy Em please please please C don't be cruel to me Em Dm you wanted to live F C but now you see F C the mans not me Dm C but now you see Dm C the man's not me Dm C the man's not me Dm C the man's not me
Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
DON CZARSKI

I definitely think the FIRST ONE - THE ORIGINAL is better and correct with only these changes... DON'T OVER THINK IT..... Go with the first one as the second one is off ..use these changes and keep the rest and everything will be good.....

If I could show the changes like the way you have it on here I would do the entire song....but for some reason my chords will not line up above the words like yours do so I have to show you this way.... make sure you make the same changes to the enire song in these same places...... like I said your original is correct and you seemed to mess it up in the second attempt...... GO WITH THE FIRST ONE !!!!

[C]please please [Dm]please
don't be cruel to [C]me
you wanted to[Dm] live
but now you [C]see
the [Dm]mans not [C]me

[C]Why why why [Dm]why
would a picture make me [C]cry
you wanted [Dm]love
but I'm not that [C]guy

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 04-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
bogangoth

Thanks man, lovely song. I think your second version is the most correct but how about on the chorus you try this.

Em Dm
why why why why

C
would a picture make me cry

Em Dm
you wanted love

F C
but i'm not that guy

Em Dm
please please please

C
don't be cruel to me

Em Dm
you wanted to live

F C
but now you see

F C
the man's not me

What do you think? Such an honest song, i love it.

Last edited by bogangoth : 04-23-2012 at 05:00 AM.
bogangoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
bogangoth

aahhh lame, so my post didn't come out correct but basically after 'why why why' add the Dm on the last 'why' and continue playing until the C on 'cry'. hope that makes sense, i'm a newb on here!
bogangoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
emad
Rocker

^It would if you had just read the announcement.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: