Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Destroyr

What city are you from? If you're in Delhi/Gurgaon I can direct you towards a few people I know will help you out perfectly.

For everyone suggesting alternative guitars, please keep in mind that in India guitars are easily 150-200% of the price in the states.

I hate to be that guy, but really the best thing you can do is go down to a store and play them all one by one yourself*, and pick the one that feels right. You might love the way the guitar looks, but you need to be comfortable playing it.

Once you've decided on a guitar, you can order online from either bajaao.com or furtadosonline.com. There are more sites, but these are the two I find most reliable. Bajaao has excellent customer service though I can't say I've had good experiences with Furtados.

As for amps, I can say that Mustang's are okay-ish. I have a Mustang I and have played through a Mustang V at jampads, so presuming that the improvement is proportional to the increase in model number, the Mustang II will be pretty good if you just want to play at home. I can't say much about gigging, but I've learned that if you spend enough time you can manage to get out a sweet tone with most modeling amps. Seeing as you probably won't have any pedals or external FX, the Fender Fuse DSP would be great for you to play around with.

*Obviously, make sure they're set up properly before comparing them to one another.
Lazy fact #222568405:
You were too lazy to read the number.
Destroyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

The shops i've mentioned are based in delhi, one is dhariyaganj, the other in west patel nagar, just go to any store near you ask for the guitar that ur planning to buy and test it and dont let them put it into a tube amp, a $10 toy would sound like a beast through one of those, ask for the SS amp that u r planning to buy.

Among the guitars the avion is a really good choice but it doesnt sound good at high gain but it has a very nice clean tone, its more of a blues guitar than a metal guitar.

That ibanez is pretty much the same as any $100 gio, the extra money ur paying is for the design imo, i've never played a BC rich before so cant comment on that but Bhargavas has a nice collection, so go check it out.

BTW, imho the sound coming through an amp is about 20 % guitar, 30% pick and 50% the amp, hell if u have the right amp u can make ur fart sound like a million dollar riff.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

Last edited by lamb of dog : 11-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.
lamb of dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Arjun_M

Avoid Bajaao.com unless you get a decent deal. Online shops reduce prices. These blokes increase 'em. You'll find a Jackson SLSXMG, made here itself in Chennai, India, retailing at a price you'd pay for an American Fender guitar.

Call SB Music in Mumbai. You can save a lot of money even after paying delivery charges. He'll suggest a good guitar for you and also work out a better price than the big shops.

Try to tap the used market in the United States, but keep some experts on imports/exports when going ahead with a purchase.
Arjun_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #24
pranavgautam67

Well, i am going to the shop in a day or two.. I have my exams coming up..So, i will buy after exams..
I will tell u later which one i will be buying (MOst probably av6) from the shop of furtados (not the site)....

Last edited by pranavgautam67 : 11-21-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Want to change the post
pranavgautam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
pranavgautam67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyr
What city are you from? If you're in Delhi/Gurgaon I can direct you towards a few people I know will help you out perfectly.

For everyone suggesting alternative guitars, please keep in mind that in India guitars are easily 150-200% of the price in the states.

I hate to be that guy, but really the best thing you can do is go down to a store and play them all one by one yourself*, and pick the one that feels right. You might love the way the guitar looks, but you need to be comfortable playing it.

Once you've decided on a guitar, you can order online from either bajaao.com or furtadosonline.com. There are more sites, but these are the two I find most reliable. Bajaao has excellent customer service though I can't say I've had good experiences with Furtados.

As for amps, I can say that Mustang's are okay-ish. I have a Mustang I and have played through a Mustang V at jampads, so presuming that the improvement is proportional to the increase in model number, the Mustang II will be pretty good if you just want to play at home. I can't say much about gigging, but I've learned that if you spend enough time you can manage to get out a sweet tone with most modeling amps. Seeing as you probably won't have any pedals or external FX, the Fender Fuse DSP would be great for you to play around with.

*Obviously, make sure they're set up properly before comparing them to one another.

Thanks for the info..
Btw, Yes, im in delhi.. Please tell me about those people u talkin about? they are guitarist or shop owners or sumthing? How can they help me?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #26
Arjun_M

If you like metal, try the Concorde. You can get something strat-shaped, for a little less than the AV6. Furtado's are also selling plenty of Ibanez guitars at lower prices than certain other dealers, though if you pass a word to SB, they'll sell it for even less.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
pranavgautam67

@Arjun_m : Sb??
Old 11-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #28
Arjun_M

SB Music. Based in Mumbai. Ask for Ashish.

They ship across India, getting customers even in the North East, because they can work out prices lower than the local big box stores, so you save money even if you pay for transportation.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #29
pranavgautam67

Oh.
Thanks . i will take a look.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #30
Destroyr

You should definitely go to Lajpat, there's a store called 440Hz opposite the MCD hospital in Lajpat. They're my favourite for anything because they're really helpful guys. They're undoubtedly the best when it comes to customer care and helping you discover 'your sound'. The store owner, Pratyush is a really helpful guy and they'll definitely see you through till the end.

You can PM me if you would like contact details or anything.
Lazy fact #222568405:
You were too lazy to read the number.
Destroyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #31
pranavgautam67

Thanks Destroyr, will def. check them out !!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #32
pranavgautam67

Guys, Will whammy pedal work with Mustang II ??
Cuz im going for it..
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
kanishksingh24

If you r in delhi then there are a lot of options but i strongly recommend ibanez grg170 dx it has a great sound but it's easy to get your fingerprints on it. Another choice is greg bennet avion av6 which has a great fretboard. If you want a good amp you could check out laney extreme.
kanishksingh24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: