Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
kevinlikespie

Any thoughts on the Takamine GD93CE?

Well I'm about to buy this guitar and I just want people's takes on this guitar.
Where is this made?
Anybody with the same model?
I played it before and love it.
I want your reviews and thoughts on this Guitar, Thanks!
kevinlikespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Baby Joel
silently leaving the room

I've not played it, so I'm unfamiliar with it. I have played Takamines though, and they are pretty decent; good bang for the buck.

I don't the specifics on where the guitars are made, but I assume because it's a Japanese company, they probably have Japanese factories.

The important thing for you though is just making sure that you like it. Guitars suit people very differently, so even if I hate it, it could still be a great guitar

It looks real nice though, hopefully you enjoy it!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
kevinlikespie

I've Tried it and i love it! Thanks! By the way im very mixed between the NEX body and the dreadnought. Both fit and are comfortable to me. Any suggestions? And since is Takamine's Highest end G-series, would it be make in Korea or Japan?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #4
Baby Joel
silently leaving the room

Because it's the highest end, it's almost definitely in Japan. Rule of thumb is Japan hosts some of the best factories, always over China and Korea.

As for the body style, I'm afraid again i can't really help you The NEX is unique to Takamine and I've never played one with that body style, so I'm unfamiliar with it. My acoustic is a dreadnought, and I love it. it's very comfortable and pretty versatile. But again, those are just my tastes
Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
tuxs

Is yours the NEX or dreadnought. I have played many NEX's ,and yet to find one with much guts.

As could be expected from the shallower and smaller design. However plugged in they hold their own.

I don't know where that one is made, however I wouldn't think Japan. In the Taki world these are pretty much entry level. Anyway who cares, if it sounds good and it feels good to play, go for it. Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
kevinlikespie

Oh okay thanks guys. I currently use a Dreadnought so im thinking i'll try out an NEX.

And Isn't a NEX basically the size of a grand concert? Its a sized down jumbo to me.

I'm for sure getting this model. The one im currently using is a Seagull S6 Entourage Rustic.

The dreadnought style creates temporary wrinkles and it kinda hurts so I dont know.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
Paleo Pete

My Takamine is a G series dreadnaught, check the sticker inside the sound hole, country of origin should be printed there. Mine is Japan, Takamine also has a factory in China.

Don't know anything about the NEX, I prefer to go for dreadnaught and live with the wrinkles. I bought mine because it played and sounded great. That's what you look for, the one that plays and sounds good to you. I have to use mine onstage and in the practice room, so it has to be electric/acoustic, play good and sound good. I looked at acoustics for over 6 months before I got it...the only other one I liked was a Guild, and I missed it, when I went back with a down payment on payday it was gone...

Last edited by Paleo Pete : 09-05-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Paleo Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #8
kevinlikespie

What model is yours? Is it the new series or the last-gen g series?

Rate This Thread: