Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Lyrax
I need a weapon.

Looking for "vintage-y" baritone guitars.

Yo!

I have seen these two baritone guitars which are Schecter Hellcat and Danelectro Dead On 67` and have really caught my eye.
Are there any similar guitars with the similar specs and scale lengths (30 and 29)?
Do any of you guys have them?

I am looking for some guitars that are vintage like, not some baritone metal guitars.

Even thou I am more of an metal player and alike, this type of guitar could very well be the next included into my collection.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
jpnyc

Fender has two 30" baritone models in production right now, a Telecaster and a new pawnshop series offset that was just announced at Namm. Gretsch makes one, although IIRC the Gretsch now comes set up B–B instead of E–E.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
Green_Ghoul

Agile made a baritone at one point (they might make it, check rondomusic.com). I've heard a lot of good things about them.

edit: http://www.rondomusic.com/ARGUS630natash.html

Yep

Last edited by Green_Ghoul : 02-13-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Green_Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
jpnyc

I totally forgot Agile! Agile seems to go through two baritone designs a year, and most of them are sweet. They definitely deserve a look.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Fender make a baritone Blacktop Telecaster. Making a Fender guitar into a baritone is really easy as all you do is add two frets and you instantly have a 28.625" scale neck that intonates perfectly. Several companies make replacement necks which will fit any 25.5" scale Fender body to turn it into a baritone guitar; you could get a classic Fender body and add one of these neck for an instant baritone 'vintage' guitar.

Otherwise, Schecter certainly are your best bet. They make several 30" guitars, thanks to The Cure using them extensively.

You might want to check out the Fender Bass IV (or copies of it), which is a 30", 6-string guitar and is what most of the Schecter designs are based off of. Most of these are aimed at having a very specific,, more bass-like tone, though, commpared to the Schecters which sound more like regular electric guitars, just with a much lower tuning.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Lyrax
I need a weapon.

About the Agile thing, I live in Sweden so we don`t have any Agiles here unfortunately.
Thanks for the tips guys!
My main interest is the Schecter Ultra IV right and also the Baritone Telecaster because I`ve always wanted a Tele guitar.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
AsOneIStand

If you live in Sweden, then you need to check out the new Hagstrom Semi-Hollow Viking Baritone.
Jet City 2212C
TS-9 TS
MXR Blue Box
Morley Bad Horsie Wah 2
AsOneIStand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
AmirT

Danelectro has more of them, I think all of their models also have a baritone alternative, but in very limited numbers though.
AmirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
AmirT

Totally forgot to say, Eastwood has some. In a shop near my house has this model for like €500 or so.

100% vintage

AmirT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: