User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #41
)v(egaFan90
donkey chains......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonStevens
The drum sequencer no longer looks in the InstallData directory for the patchsets. Try C:\Documents and Settings\<my username>\Application Data\REAPER\Data\drum_patchsets instead.

Cool, thanks. That works. However, I'm trying to load a patch that has got 12 sound samples. However, when I load it only #60, 61, 62 play a sound file. I'm using some relatively long sound file samples so it seems like it cuts off after a certain amount of time. How to I get it to read all of my sound samples without cutting them off?

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.

Last edited by )v(egaFan90 : 09-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.
)v(egaFan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #42
CarsonStevens
Rocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by )v(egaFan90
Cool, thanks. That works. However, I'm trying to load a patch that has got 12 sound samples. However, when I load it only #60, 61, 62 play a sound file. I'm using some relatively long sound file samples so it seems like it cuts off after a certain amount of time. How to I get it to read all of my sound samples without cutting them off?

I'm not sure. I've used patchsets that have that many samples in them before. It's possible that the plugin doesn't work well with very long samples.

Couple of things I can suggest, though. Make sure that the problem is actually that notes beyond 62 aren't triggering, and that it's not that note 60 isn't just triggering your first three samples. I know for a fact that if there isn't enough empty space between each sample in the original patchset file, that a single note will trigger all of the packed-together samples at once due to thinking they're all part of the same sound.

Also, try using smaller samples and see if that fixes the problem. You can split a patchset into multiple patchsets (for example, one only for toms), or just use a standard triggering setup (like in the OP) for sounds that are too long to include in the patch.
CarsonStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #43
)v(egaFan90
donkey chains......

Quote:
I'm not sure. I've used patchsets that have that many samples in them before. It's possible that the plugin doesn't work well with very long samples.

Couple of things I can suggest, though. Make sure that the problem is actually that notes beyond 62 aren't triggering, and that it's not that note 60 isn't just triggering your first three samples. I know for a fact that if there isn't enough empty space between each sample in the original patchset file, that a single note will trigger all of the packed-together samples at once due to thinking they're all part of the same sound.

Also, try using smaller samples and see if that fixes the problem. You can split a patchset into multiple patchsets (for example, one only for toms), or just use a standard triggering setup (like in the OP) for sounds that are too long to include in the patch.

Yeah thanks dude. I ended up going with the individual patch sets. I don't think it was a triggering issue because 60-63 each triggered a single patch, while everything else was silent. Also, using smaller samples did allow triggers above 63 to work but because I had to cut them short they didn't sound good. Since I already had programmed the midi in Tuxguitar, I realized it would just be easier to copy it to individual patches and just deleted the irrelevant stuff. Workin' well now.

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
)v(egaFan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #44
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

just wanted to chime in and say, i haven't done any drum sample stuff since high school when i had fruity loops and it has really killed my ability to develop songs. this tutorial had me doing it again within minutes.

so thanks for the help and the subsequent inspiration!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #45
primusfan

every time i go to the FX on a new track and try to select JS: Synthesis/midi_drumseq the whole program crashes. this has happened several times in a row and i've been able to load other FX, so it's that one in particular. anyone know what's up?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #46
CarsonStevens
Rocksmith

That's weird. Possibly a corrupted file... have you tried upgrading/re-installing Reaper?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #47
primusfan

nope. i'll try that. about to post on their forum as well. hopefully that resolves it.

thank you!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #48
tyler.koran

Thanks so much for this walk through, it really helped. Now I know how to play drums on Reaper without having to have a billion microphones hooked up to the drums to get them.
tyler.koran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #49
powerhead
justadude

Quote:
The drum sequencer no longer looks in the InstallData directory for the patchsets. Try C:\Documents and Settings\<my username>\Application Data\REAPER\Data\drum_patchsets instead.

This didn't work for me. I had to navigate to C:\Users\<my username>\AppData (this is a hidden folder.) From there I created a folder called REAPER. Within that folder I created another called Data and finally another folder called drum_patchsets.

The final path looks like this C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\REAPER\Data\drum_patchsets. In the drum_patchsets folder I've got the required mp3. (I am using Windows 7).

What am I doing wrong??
powerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #50
powerhead
justadude

Aaah, I think I've found a pretty good workaround:
set "note start" and "note end" in ReaSamplOmatic to a particular note, then u can add up to 127 different samples! Ooh, this is an exciting new development.
powerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #51
CarsonStevens
Rocksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhead
This didn't work for me. I had to navigate to C:\Users\<my username>\AppData (this is a hidden folder.) From there I created a folder called REAPER. Within that folder I created another called Data and finally another folder called drum_patchsets.

The final path looks like this C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\REAPER\Data\drum_patchsets. In the drum_patchsets folder I've got the required mp3. (I am using Windows 7).

What am I doing wrong??

I don't know, unfortunately. I'm actually still using Windows XP and the user directories are completely different. I'll see if I can find out, though.

As for changing the start note, yes. That does expand the number of available note samples. I didn't want to go confusing people out of the gate, especially since I hadn't verified it myself at the time of writing.

Rate This Thread: