Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Electric Guitar Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #21
Deeg
UK Chapter

Ok well i was on holiday, and i've been a bit busy with work etc.. SO heres some pictures of the rest of my rig, with no information whatsoever

Boss Br-1600CD

I like it, and i do a lot of recordings on it which never go much further than my room, but it has ****loads of effects banks, i dont know why i need pedals/amps and stuff at the minute, i can just plug straight into this and get anything i want.

and then theres the speakers which go with it (westfield diamond pro 8.1's)

and i had no deskspace, so me and my dad made some shelves for them, as seen here

their pretty nice, the tones really crisp and real, no interferance, and the make the oddest sounds when you turn them off, as if their zipping themselves up for the night. If i could go back and buy them again though, i'd get the additional 'ambience' speakers for surround sound.

And thats about it for deeg's guitar ****, for now. In the coming months i will have some cool peices of gear coming through my door, which i wish i could post about, but i doubt this thread will still be up by then. The next thing i have to get on with for you guys is sound clips, and with me working now, they may take a while.

oh yeah..... amps

at the minute, one of the peices of gear which should be coming through my door is a nice 2x14 cabinet, and i have a randall x2 warhead on back-order. For now i use these two amp's, both be roland, Cube 30 for guitar and Cube30b, for bass. I doubt i'll ever upgrade the bass one, i'm not a bass player, i just... have it

and a couple o' quick pictures of their knob positions

Cube

Bass Cube

Last edited by deeg4190 : 08-05-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #22
Deeg
UK Chapter

I spent 4 hours on the phone to AllParts yesterday at work, trying to find some new chrome pickup rings and bridge for it.. nobody in the world makes the pickup rings...

but with the cash i had i ordered two new pickups for my Explorer, i settled on an Invader in the bridge and 'The Jazz' in the neck... so they should arrive wednesday ^_^
Old 08-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #23
Deeg
UK Chapter

Nope, i like to have some drive in the bridge, be able to switch to the neck and do some open strumming, some jazz chords, some clean fingerpicking. The full shred woudl be no use to me.. i dont shred, its a widdly sport which sounds crap clean.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #24
Deeg
UK Chapter

Well, tommorow im going to have some new pictures. Today the pickups arrived and i'm in the process of fitting them. I also got a chrome bridge and knobs for the explorer... i went of the GREEN idea, and thought the chrome looked really nice, so its only some little bits, i have the rest on order.. but eventually it will look really flash, and sound good, with the new weapons in it.

So yeah, chrome knobs and stopbar.. soon to be chrome pickup rings, machine head and tuneomatic aswell.

I also got my hands on a new Mini-Samick acoustic. Their brilliant little things, loud as a normal acoustic, and not too small. The best thing for the backseat of a car, in a camper or on your sofa! their just the right size, and play great. Trade price it was 54, which is baffling, i mean take this into account, it has grover machine heads on it, which cost 50, daddario EXP's which cost 7 (i'm working on trade prices here, not retail prices), and thats more than the trade price in itself, and we've not even added manufacturing and wood and other costs... so their rediculously cheap and 100% brilliance.

i'll have the pictures tommorow...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #25
Deeg
UK Chapter

Ok so i decided against going all green giant on my explorer, it looked too much like one of steve vai's guitars, and instead, i went all chrome. Now i ordered chrome pickup rings, knobs, bridge and stopbar and machineheads.

but unfortunatley for me, the grovers are not in stock, and the majority of the parts are back-ordered for a few months. So all i have is the knobs and the stop-bar. Heres a quick picture of it now

I also managed to do somthing about the fading gold plates on the nighthawk, now i spent 30 minutes on the phone to rosetti and all parts UK on monday, to no prevail, nobody makes chrome (OR ANY COLOUR) parts for Nighthawks anymore, so i had to take some action of my own. T-Cut, Toilet Roll and 3 hours of rubbing action.

heres what it used to look like:

And the results after todays effort

It dosent show up that well, but really, its a big improvment. The gold finish on the machine heads are too thick to ware off, and their odd shape to t-cut it off, so i've ordered some of the new key-style grovers and i'm going to fit them.

And as i said the other day COOL SAMICK MINI-ACOUSTIC

ST6-1

and it has grovers ^_^

and for extra added fun, and african drum... Dembeh (pronounced with a J and sp?)

Old 08-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #26
Deeg
UK Chapter

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Of Shred
Yes your LTD looks awesome. Plays/sounds awesome as well ? Altough I am missing the green pups

heh... the pickups arent going to be green anymore, but i'm doing a bit of a customisation thing on my ltd at the minute.

On monday, my two pickups of choice will arrive SD Invader (bridge) SD 'THe Jazz' (neck), and like all duncan pickups, they come with capacitors and wires, so you can coil tap them, i will be adding two coil tap switches to my explorer and making both pickups coil tapped. I decided against push/pull pots, i have them on my roadstar, and you cant tell what its set to without playing it.

I will have pictures for that next wednesday i think... thats when i'm going to fit them. And yes, it plays like a dream, its one of those guitars which i picked up and it was like, it felt so right for me.

i cant wait till all my chrome peices arrive...
Old 08-23-2005, 07:47 AM   #27
Deeg
UK Chapter

ZOMG NEW PICKUPSSS ARRIVED!

they kick ass... by the way. I never expected the invader and the jazz to work so well... but they kick serious ass. Soundclips will all come next week (of all guitars on all settings), but for now, heres some pictUrzZz

just a shot of the pickups both inplace... The guitar make-over isnt finished, the chrome tuneomatic and switchpeice hasnt arrived from allparts yet, same with the stopbar posts. I found out grover are doing the new key-shaped tuners aswell, so i ordered a set of chrome ones of them to finish off the chrome make-over on the nighthawk, and a set of chrome button shaped ones (the standard grover shape) for the explorer. MMMMMMM...

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8949/dsc010577jr.jpg

The jazz (why does the zebra pattern work so well?). I toyed with the idea of coil-tapping this thing, but whats the point in all my guitars doing everything?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...eg/DSC01056.jpg

And the invader, its so powerfull, its got a much crisper sound than the emg's in the Les Paul, they seem so muddy and warm compared to this bad boy, im thinking about getting two new pickups for that (they'll have to be zebra to match the bodyart), maybe a full shred and an invader? i dont know yet... just an idea) Some input on that idea would be appreciated, i also have a les paul body (a proper gibson body and neck of the 89 custom model) which is a bit battered about and dosent have any pickups/hardware and a little headstock break (nothing that i cant fix) which somone might sell me for about 30... anyone got any ideas with what i should maybe do with that if i get it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...eg/DSC01055.jpg
Old 09-06-2005, 12:33 PM   #28
Deeg
UK Chapter

this one?

btw guys - guess what im doing now? RECORDING SOUNDCLIPS!

what im doing is going through all pickups settings on clean, then going onto distorted channel and doing the same, on every guitar, and im messing with the treble etc all the time with it.

SO it will take tonight to record and upload, i'll link you to the dmusic page i created for them

Rate This Thread: